How many KM you getting?

Hi there,

Just curious to know. How many KM are you getting before hitting reserved for riding at speed 90-110km/h.

And upon reaching reserved, how far can you generally go?

More curious for Tracer GT owners...

Thanks!

Edited by Faris

Should be little if any difference between Gen1 Tracers and the GT.   I will get about 50km from reserve - unhappy to try to stretch it further!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

215 km before the gauge moves from full, 300-320 before the low fuel begins flashing, 50+ on reserve. Average consumption says 4.3 L/100 km but calculated is usually around 4.8. Low fuel flashes when fuel consumed says 14 litres but usually takes .5 to 1.0 more litres to fill. All this at 100km/hr indicated which is 92 by GPS. Wick the speed up and all those numbers head south quickly.

2019 Tracer GT,  Ontario, Canada

• 3 weeks later...

For me i'm getting 150kms before it drops to half.

Then i get another 140kms before it starts to blink.

so maybe about 300kms before reserve comes up.

Manual calculation takes it up to about 20/21km/l

As I mentioned elsewhere, the fuel gauge and consumption readings are about 10%+ inaccurate/optimistic. Meaning with 4 l/100kms indicated the actual is 4.4 and when display indicates 10 liters of fuel used, the actual is more like 11.5 used. I wish it was correctable through ECU by dealer...

14 hours ago, quaxum said:

For me i'm getting 150kms before it drops to half.

Then i get another 140kms before it starts to blink.

so maybe about 300kms before reserve comes up.

Manual calculation takes it up to about 20/21km/l

How fast were you riding bro? I know we have a lot of red light in Singapore. 

I am comparing Tracer GT with Tiger... still unsure about this.

My "19, w 2,500 miles. Avg. 58.4 as I'm probably a conservative rider to most here but most miles are with panniers and 39 ltr top box 2/3's full of gear. My highway riding at 70-75 which I do little of, on 200 mile run got 51.8...my preference ride is country twisties w many hills and sweeps at 45-55 and find for me with this MC 1 or 2 shifts down does it , not the Italian Stallion at 68 LOL but love the MC other than the  stock seat. I've tweaked mine to make it acceptable but Terry A. may very well be making me a solo seat this winter when I park her for 3 months here in WNY.  Reserve I can count on 40 miles have not tested it beyond because of poor quality gage as we all know

On 5/17/2019 at 10:33 AM, thejrod said:

I've been getting better than 50mpg, or 200mi (322km) on about 3.8gal of fuel (14.4l). Gauge usually shows one bar remaining at that point - should be another gallon in the tank still. 

I got 51.5 this morning.  They should include a bottle of Tums for new owners.  LOL!  I did 180 miles and used 3.49 gallons.  The interesting thing I found was the fuel used readout.  It said 3.5 gallons used.  I can live with that accuracy.