Post up your goto quick need to get some ridin in and dont have a lot of time too ride.

micah2074

• 3 months later...

Palomar Mountain via Mesa Grande. Up the South Grade, down the East Grade. The top of the mountain has Mother's Kitchen for a vegetarian snack. The East Grade has a great view point deck overlooking Lake Henshaw, a place to stop and maybe take a nap listening to the wind and the birds before the ride home.

Palomar run.png

50 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Palomar Mountain via Mesa Grande. Up the South Grade, down the East Grade. The top of the mountain has Mother's Kitchen for a vegetarian snack. The East Grade has a great view point deck overlooking Lake Henshaw, a place to stop and maybe take a nap listening to the wind and the birds before the ride home.

Palomar run.png

That is a fun ride. I’d usually go the other way, making a loop from Temecula 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 5/17/2019 at 9:33 PM, micah2074 said:

staticmap?center=35.20135785%2C-84.76177
WWW.GOOGLE.COM

All y'all suck when you post up Palomar and Ocoee as your quick rides. :) 

When I lived in Long Beach, CA, we rode up to Newcomb's Ranch before work.  If we left before 5 am, we could be at work before 9 having done half of the Angeles Crest Hwy.

• Thumbsup 1

• 1 month later...

In the San Francisco Bay area - when I really want to ride and not be annoyed... I have to get "goaty".

This one I do to / from work if I feel the need (and to avoid traffic headaches) If look up the same road on the map - it's super goaty as it goes through morgan territory regional preserve, and sometimes the road isn't even a single lane wide.

100_Balfour_Rd__Brentwood__CA_94513_to_6871-6701_Morgan_Territory_Rd_-_Google_Maps.png.0af3903eb759b6222376f102c30859e9.png

it's my test-ride road, every bike i've owned or ridden in the past three years has been on this road:

IMG_0870-L.jpg

IMG_0927-L.jpg

IMG_0963-L.jpg

IMG_0033-L.jpg

(excuse the ducati / ktm photos, and no Yamaha - i had my last bike serviced at a ktm/ducati dealership, and while they had it for 3 months, they gave me a few loaners) Unfortunately, i don't have any photos of the FJ on these roads due to some servicing issues.

My all time favorite "all day ride" in the South Bay (it's somewhat long, and there is so many beautiful spots to stop to take photos that it doubles the time) combines a few of my South bay favorites into a day of epic riding. When I lived in San Jose, the Sierra Rd loop was a weekly standby (it's best in the morning when there is fog - you ride up high enough to rise above the fog), and the Caleveras end of the road takes "goat roads" to it's best.

1000_Calaveras_Rd__Sunol__CA_94586_to_5143_Tesla_Rd__Livermore__CA_94550_-_Google_Maps.png.3baea5c70e02a337872b2d2d4569e76a.png

the arm pump after this entire ride can only be counteracted by the continuous ear to ear face melting grin.

For the CA130 / Mines Rd section, I'd only recommend to do this when you're playing hooky from work during the week; on the weekends it's ridable - but there is always traffic, and crazy people riding up and down the hills back there on bicycles. by pedaling!

• Thumbsup 3

If you're ever up north in the Ottawa-area, one of our go-to routes is the 511 Highway about an hour outside of town in a village called Calabogie. Great little diner called the Redneck Bistro which serves the local Calabogie Brewery offerings. This ride is known as the 'Calabogie Boogey'. Looking forward to getting out on it with the FJ!

511.png

You can read more about it here: 

Edited by iamthedruman
Moar details