Definitive: 193.5 mile fuel range

On 5/19/2019 at 11:21 AM, kmev said:

You're obviously not using the bike properly. 😁

UMMMMMMMMMM........................ unless it is raining why have you got TC2 on ?????  and with that milage you must ride very law 

abiding. As TC makes the bike use more fuel.  I never use it unless it is raining or sometimes TC1 with a pillion on.  

2 hours ago, edgarjessop12 said:

UMMMMMMMMMM........................ unless it is raining why have you got TC2 on ?????  and with that milage you must ride very law 

abiding. As TC makes the bike use more fuel.  I never use it unless it is raining or sometimes TC1 with a pillion on.  

How does Traction Control make the bike use more fuel?

I was getting 55mpg zipping through the South Dakota area around Custer State Park..  Had 199 when I filled up and it hadn't even hit the low fuel warning yet... on the return trip to Dallas, w/tail wind was getting 50mpg at a brisk pace... then the next morning the wind shifted and was getting 33mpg.. lol  What I do is on the GT display, show the trip-1 and Avg mpg... and reset both when filling up.

Then, I assume I have a good 4 gallons to play with and the .8 is a safety net... if I'm getting an avg 40mpg then I assume I have a 160 mile range before getting fuel.  It's easy math and better than trying to figure out what the gauge is trying to tell you.  I know the avg mpg isn't accurate but it's close enough.

Edited by mellow
  • Thumbsup 1

• 3 weeks later...

I got 200 miles on a tank today, but when it went to f trip it got scary even if I was almost home.  I like to see trip 1/fuel used on the display.  Both are very accurate.

Edited by Coop
duh

• Supporting Member

I gotta be doing something wrong.  My mpg is still really good after 7,800 miles or so.  My last tank gave me 53.9 mpg; >258 miles per tank.  I usually average around 51-52 mpg.  My commuting speeds are all over the map; the commute in this morning averaged 80 mph in the fast lane.  Weird...

I still fill up around 200 miles on Trip 1, though.  I like having that buffer.  

2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)

3 hours ago, whistler said:

I gotta be doing something wrong.  My mpg is still really good after 7,800 miles or so.  My last tank gave me 53.9 mpg; >258 miles per tank.  I usually average around 51-52 mpg.  My commuting speeds are all over the map; the commute in this morning averaged 80 mph in the fast lane.  Weird...

I still fill up around 200 miles on Trip 1, though.  I like having that buffer.  

I hope I can go that far between stops when I get more miles on the bike.  I'm sitting at 3K right now and probably am looking at 10K to be really broke in.  My ST's didn't break in and start acting right until 10K.  

• Thumbsup 1

1 hour ago, Coop said:

...........didn't break in and start acting right until 10K.  

Neither did my Vulcan 1500, my Harley or the two Harley's my Ex bought while we were together- all took at least 10k to fully break-in ( funny, because the tolerances on those V-twins are so loose in comparison to the CP3)

7 hours ago, Larz said:

Neither did my Vulcan 1500, my Harley or the two Harley's my Ex bought while we were together- all took at least 10k to fully break-in ( funny, because the tolerances on those V-twins are so loose in comparison to the CP3)

weird huh.

• Thumbsup 1

@Coopwhat's even weirder, man, is someone mentioned they didn't feel full power out their Tracer until 5k- yeah, I got 5700 on the odo and the bike did keep getting more powerful right up to 5k, but then 200 miles ago it seemed to lose a little bit, suddenly couldn't get the front wheel up anymore just wacking the throttle ( coupla inches- still a wheelie wimp🙄

43 minutes ago, Larz said:

@Coopwhat's even weirder, man, is someone mentioned they didn't feel full power out their Tracer until 5k- yeah, I got 5700 on the odo and the bike did keep getting more powerful right up to 5k, but then 200 miles ago it seemed to lose a little bit, suddenly couldn't get the front wheel up anymore just wacking the throttle ( coupla inches- still a wheelie wimp🙄

Well, you've worn those little tits off of the tires.  I'm not sure what that means I just wanted to write "tits."  I share your pain as I too occasionally have problems getting it up.  The front wheel...dang it.  Gotta watch it, this is a vicious crowd.  Have you tried a paddock stand?

On the bright side I only have 1700 miles until full power.

Edited by Coop
  • Haha 1

• Supporting Member
23 minutes ago, Coop said:

On the bright side I only have 1700 miles until full power.

Let the countdown begin! 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

@CoopAh, perhaps then it's the new tits 🤨 ( Mods: please read as "bits" 😀

(damnit Coop,I'm trying really hard this time around to keep "Little Johnny" under restraint)

just got new rubber 'bout 200 miles ago, Conti Road Attack 3s, really liking 'em, sticky and the profile really seems to complement the bikes chassis

But no, I think more likely a tank of shite gas....