GPS Fitting...

advman

Have any of you guys wired up a GPS to a switched live on your bikes yet? I want to wire my Zumo550 to a switched live by probably picking up a feed at the back of the 12v socket on the dash, to access it I presume you have to remove the screen and probably what ever is behind it? Anybody done this yet? TIA ;) (I haven't had a proper look yet and it could be obvious when I take a look later lol :D)

I wired mine into the feed to the accessory socket. Removal of the screen, screen mount cover and the accessory socket shroud was necessary. The feed wires were in the clear connector block. The black connector block was unused but still had a live feed to it when the ignition was on.

I wired mine into the feed to the accessory socket. Removal of the screen, screen mount cover and the accessory socket shroud was necessary. The feed wires were in the clear connector block. The black connector block was unused but still had a live feed to it when the ignition was on.
Thanks ! I was just about to cut wires when I found this post. Hopefully, I will be able to wire the GPS way more cleanly

Here is a photo of the GPS position:

whLNWlz.jpg

Archived