Back of the Dragon - Tracer GT

vincep

Did a terrific ride down to Abingdon VA - the excuse was to have dinner at the oldest continually operating bar in VA.  843 mile weekend of mostly back roads from Northern VA down to the TN border.  A hot 150 miles on route 29 coming home was the only downside.

All the roads were good, but memorable was 61 into Tazwell; 16 (Back of the Dragon); 42 to Saltville; Sunday morning, 58 to Hillsville; 221 to near Roanoke; 419 to 220; etc.

Good weekend on a good bike.

Image was on the Blue Ridge Parkway vicinity Roanoke.

20190519 BRP Resize.jpg

• Thumbsup 7
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Great pavement and little traffic on 16 this weekend.  We rode out from an MSTA event in Sparta.  It was part of a 260 mile loop in which 16 was not the twistiest road (Burke's Garden Rd. was).

• Thumbsup 1

www.ridemsta.com  Riding makes me happy. "Do it or don't do it - you'll regret both." - Soren Kierkegaard

2015 FJ-09, 50k miles, Hord Power ECU, K-Tech suspension, MC Cruise

8 hours ago, duhg said:

Great pavement and little traffic on 16 this weekend.  We rode out from an MSTA event in Sparta.  It was part of a 260 mile loop in which 16 was not the twistiest road (Burke's Garden Rd. was).

Burke’s garden is very narrow, one way in and out. Beautiful Amish community. I eat there every trip. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2019 at 4:12 PM, krillz said:

I camp just outside Hillsville in a small town called Meadows of Dan. Ride Tazewell several times a year. Good riding. 

I've camped in that town before, but don't remember the name of the campground. I think it was just off the BRP, because we were riding the length of it up to front royal.

18 hours ago, bamarider said:

I've camped in that town before, but don't remember the name of the campground. I think it was just off the BRP, because we were riding the length of it up to front royal.

Willville Motorcycle Campground. Fantastic creek side camping. Check it out. 

• Thumbsup 1