New FJ Owner in Austin..

Howdy friends,

I've been lusting over that triple since riding a friends FZ and FJ - and I've finally acquired one of my own!  A 2015 FJ that was tastefully updated with luggage, cruise, and other handy farkles.  I've been reading up here since buying the bike last Friday, and I've already learned alot...

--Jeff

• Thumbsup 2

Looks like I can't post in the classifieds.  I'm interested in buying a second-hand rear seat if anyone has one laying around.  I'm going to bolt a pelican case (or similar) to it, so it can be torn, ugly, etc.

• Supporting Member

Welcome @jeff_s and congratulations on the new FJ.  They’re great bikes, and I’m sure you will love it.  

I’m over in Houston (just down the road in Texas speak) and also a UT graduate...  I’ll spare you the ‘Austin just isn’t the same anymore’ speech.   What is the same is the great riding in your area.   The FJ should be a perfect play bike out in the hills.   

Enjoy!

-Scott

• Thumbsup 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/21/2019 at 9:17 AM, texscottyd said:

"The FJ should be a perfect play bike out in the hills. "

I used to ride the Hill Country a lot when I lived in FTW from 91-14 but moved back to Knoxville (I lived here from 68-91) and this is motorcycle mecca.  Get my FJ next week and looking forward to riding it around TN, VA, NC, SC and GA (even AL)

On 5/20/2019 at 1:16 PM, jeff_s said:

Howdy friends,

I've been lusting over that triple since riding a friends FZ and FJ - and I've finally acquired one of my own!  A 2015 FJ that was tastefully updated with luggage, cruise, and other handy farkles.  I've been reading up here since buying the bike last Friday, and I've already learned alot...

--Jeff

I rode my 2010 Concours to Moto GP last April and now I've got it up for sale and replacing with a 2015 FJ I'm picking up next week.  Spent a fair bit of time in Austin when I lived in FTW.  It's a cool city but way too expensive to live there these days.