Ivan's Performance ECU flash now available for the Tracer 900 & 900GT

My ECU for my 2019 GT is on it's way to Ivan's Performance. I should have it back later this week and I will update this post with my opinion of the results. 

Along with the "normal" ECU changes, I'm having the cruise control limitations removed (will be able to set cruise at any speed and in any gear) 

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, TorqWrench said:

Along with the "normal" ECU changes, I'm having the cruise control limitations removed (will be able to set cruise at any speed and in any gear) 

What are the speed limitations to the cruise control on the GT?

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

This is good news to read the day after I picked up my new Tracer GT!!  My Ninja 1000 has Ivans reflash and his work is stellar! 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

• Supporting Member
On 5/21/2019 at 3:30 PM, TorqWrench said:

4th, 5th and 6th gear only

low - 50kmh (31mph)

high - 160kmh (100mph)

I have the MCCruise and it is usable between 3rd - 6th and as low as 35mph, no top limit that I know of.

While I like having all restrictions removed and the option to set it at any speed, I cant imagine ever needing to use cruise control under 30mph or above 100mph.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Still waiting for @TorqWrench to post a review. He was supposed to pick up his ECU after getting it back from Ivan.  I keep checking back here to see what he has to say about the differences in the ridability of the GT.  On the edge of my seat here.  🤤

• Thumbsup 1

36 minutes ago, fjrpittsburgh said:

Still waiting for @TorqWrench to post a review. He was supposed to pick up his ECU after getting it back from Ivan.  I keep checking back here to see what he has to say about the differences in the ridability of the GT.  On the edge of my seat here.  🤤

Same here.  Very interested.

• Thumbsup 1

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

The ECU flash from Ivan's Performance did not disappoint! 

I re-installed my ECU this weekend and although I didn't get to ride as much as planned I did get a few hundred miles in. I paid close attention to how the bike performed at all speeds and functions as best as I could before I got the ECU flash and then did the same after the ECU flash. I did not do any top speed tests or run each gear to redline or anything of that nature but I did ride aggressively at times, though I wasn't trying to outrun any MotoGP racers. 

Here are my observations...

The bike feels smoother now in all rpm ranges, noticeably smoother. If you think you're happy with the bike as it is from the showroom don't ride one that has Ivan's flash, it will change your opinion. 

I can easily stroll through low speed areas (25-35 mph) without the bike feeling like it is searching for the correct fueling. Before the ECU flash the bike ran almost like it had bad gas when trying to maintain a steady low speed (2nd or 3rd gear in school zones, downtown areas, etc). You may not notice this much with the stock exhaust, but with a aftermarket pipe you will hear and feel this much more. 

The throttle cut is no longer an issue. I tried like hell to feel a throttle jerk and I failed miserably (yeah!)

Normally my hands get numb after about 30-45 minutes, I rode 1.5 hours straight with no issues. 

Cruise control now works in every gear which is nice when cruising through state parks and other long stretches of low speed areas. (oem settings for cruise only work in 4th, 5th and 6th gear)

I did not try using cruise control over 100 mph yet, but I'm sure it would work fine. Did someone say Autobahn??

Other than the ECU flash, the only other engine/performance mod I have done is a full exhaust. I rode with the baffle/db killer installed, have not ridden with it removed yet (very loud). I will probably try it soon just to see if there's any noticeable differences. 

I highly recommend Ivan's ECU flash. I believe he is one of the most experienced and knowledgeable tuners available. I was willing to pay the extra $ for his services. I have nothing against other tuners, I just have no experience with them and don't know how knowledgeable they are . Ivan has been around a while and he has never steered me wrong. This was not my first time purchasing from Ivan and I doubt it's the last time. I have never met the guy in person but he was very polite and answered all my questions and concerns. 

I hope this is helpful, feel free to ask questions and keep the rubber side down, 

Dan

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 2

Dan,

That's absolutely awesome, but not surprising.  Now I'm more excited than ever to have my ECU flashed by Ivan.  As soon as I get back from my bike trip after next weekend, I'll give Ivan a call and get things set up.  Thanks for your informative review.  Please share any additional observations as you experience them.

All the best,

Jeff

Thanks for the review.  Typical of Ivan's work.....he is a perfectionist and in the opinion of many, the best in the business.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

I am very interested in the cruise control mod where it works in all gears.  What about modifying the quick shifter to work on downshifts also? Does anybody know if this is possible?  Or done by Ivan or anyone else?

2019 Tracer 900 GT

Niwot CO
USA

16 minutes ago, runnerhiker said:

I am very interested in the cruise control mod where it works in all gears.  What about modifying the quick shifter to work on downshifts also? Does anybody know if this is possible?  Or done by Ivan or anyone else?

Our very own @2wheeldynoworks does all this. They have flashed more FJ/tracer900's than anyone else on the planet. They were flashing them before anyone else.  They also have an expert from FTECU working on staff who knows the tracer900 fueling and software like the back of his hand.

• Thumbsup 2