Ivan's Performance ECU flash now available for the Tracer 900 & 900GT

26 minutes ago, runnerhiker said:

I am very interested in the cruise control mod where it works in all gears.  What about modifying the quick shifter to work on downshifts also? Does anybody know if this is possible?  Or done by Ivan or anyone else?

I haven't tried to downshift with the quick shifter and I don't see a need for it... just my opinion. You could ask Ivan about it. 

Downshift would require new hardware. Just the shift sensor, easy to swap out. 

On the software side, I don't think anyone has this available for the 18/19 models as yet. 

Woolich Racing are working on this, once available, any tuner (or DIYer) using their software will be able to make it happen. 

• Premium Member
22 hours ago, TorqWrench said:

I haven't tried to downshift with the quick shifter and I don't see a need for it... just my opinion. You could ask Ivan about it. 

I have three bikes, the other two have up/down quick shift.  When I get on my Tracer, I have to keep reminding myself that it doesn't have down QS.  I have gotten used to it and I like it, if I could make all my bikes work the same, I would be willing to spend some money to do that.

2019 Tracer 900 GT

Niwot CO
USA

1 hour ago, vincep said:

I am with @runnerhiker on down QS.  I am riding a rental Multistrada at the moment on holidays and the all gears up and down QS is magic in the hills.

My KTM has a Rekluse so I can see where the up/down would be nice at times but mostly for off road rides. I might ask Ivan about it. 

It feels to me that the qs works a little smoother with Ivan's ecu flash or maybe it's just the "placebo effect" ?

2 hours ago, TorqWrench said:

My KTM has a Rekluse so I can see where the up/down would be nice at times but mostly for off road rides. I might ask Ivan about it. 

It feels to me that the qs works a little smoother with Ivan's ecu flash or maybe it's just the "placebo effect" ?

I could be wrong, but I don't believe there is provision for tuning quickfhift cuts for the GT yet. Do you know what software Ivan uses?

Edited by StealthAu

I have rekluse on my dirt bike as well.  Different sensation to QS on the road.

Would be interesting to see what MV Augusta have done with Reckluse on there 800cc tourer.

QS downshift allows more braking  without unsettling the bike in the twisties.  Based on my last five days on the rental bike only.  Plus the bike makes great sounds auto blipping.

Back to topic, I would look into reflash for GT if it includes up and down QS.

6 hours ago, StealthAu said:

I could be wrong, but I don't believe there is provision for tuning quickfhift cuts for the GT yet. Do you know what software Ivan uses?

I do not know if it is still the case but at one time Ivan had developed his own software with the help of a partner.  It is what he used to reflash the ECU of my Ninja 1000.  More information here...……..

• Thumbsup 1

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

9 hours ago, StealthAu said:

Ivan has his own software which is one of the reasons I chose to use his service. He does not password protect the ECU when flashed. I've been told other tuners usually use password protection for licensing reasons from Flashtune, Woolich, etc.  

8 hours ago, TorqWrench said:

Ivan has his own software which is one of the reasons I chose to use his service. He does not password protect the ECU when flashed. I've been told other tuners usually use password protection for licensing reasons from Flashtune, Woolich, etc.  

It isn't licensing. There are two reasons why they lock your ecu.

First, to protect their canned tunes. If they don't lock them, someone can download your tune and chuck it on other bikes.

Other reason is if you need adjustments in future, you're locked in to using the same tuner. 

Looking at Ivan's site, it looks like he doesn't adjust the qs cuts, nor offer downshift auto blips on older models which other software can offer. 

• Supporting Member
9 hours ago, TorqWrench said:

I would think that any tuner would insist on protecting their investment.  Knowing human nature, if its unlocked and free to steal, someone will just take it and give it away to their riding buddy.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

2 hours ago, betoney said:

I would think that any tuner would insist on protecting their investment.  Knowing human nature, if its unlocked and free to steal, someone will just take it and give it away to their riding buddy.

I understand what you mean. I offer some items that are 3d printed and I have been asked if I offer the file for sale so they can print their own. The answer of course is no. 

Ivan may have his flash protected in some other way, it's his software so he would be the one to ask.

2 hours ago, StealthAu said:

It isn't licensing. There are two reasons why they lock your ecu.

First, to protect their canned tunes. If they don't lock them, someone can download your tune and chuck it on other bikes.

Other reason is if you need adjustments in future, you're locked in to using the same tuner. 

Looking at Ivan's site, it looks like he doesn't adjust the qs cuts, nor offer downshift auto blips on older models which other software can offer. 

When I mentioned licensing, I simply meant that the flash is written to the specific serial # of the ecu and can't be copied to others. I might have used the wrong terminology but I think we're on the same page. 

One of the reasons I chose is because I don't want to be locked into using the same tuner or having to buy a new ecu so I could use another tuner. I've had tuners in the past that did a poor job on Power Commander tunes, I would have hated to be "locked" into using them. I'm sure there are other good tuners, but I've always had good results with Ivan. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

On 5/22/2019 at 6:30 AM, TorqWrench said:

4th, 5th and 6th gear only

low - 50kmh (31mph)

high - 160kmh (100mph)

apparently thats what the manual states

i've tried it up to 170km/h and it still works. weird.

Edited by quaxum

• 1 year later...