FJ at the drags

firemanjim

Since I have a shop here at Sonoma Raceway--(a dyno shop all!) I usually roll down to the Wednesday Night drags on one of my various race bikes, but none were ready so I took the FJ. Only got 3 runs in as there was a hold waiting for ambulance. First run I was not paying attention and ran in std mode. a 12.23 at 113---- and can say it is certainly limited to 115 or 113 for mine. About 3/4 track it just dialed back and I looked down to see 113 on the speedo and that was where it stayed.
  Next run was in A mode and ran a 12.11 at 111, bit better. Last run was an 11.90 at 106 rolling off as I was ahead of my competitor, but broke out as I had dialed a 12.10, so could have been better still. Cannot wait to see what the bike will do with the limiters gone!!

• 2 months later...
So bike has been flashed and had it on my dyno with the PC-V. At drags last night it has noticeably more pull down low, so much so I had to turn off traction control as it was kicking in too much on my launches--it was not last outing on stock bike---and ran a best so far off 11.60 at 115 with 122 indicated. Last time around it flattened out at 113 indicated with an actual 110mph. I am adding the quickshifter next so the times will continue to drop!

Thanks for posting that info. Good stuff. Since I don't know this stuff very well, maybe you can enlighten me. If you are doing the 1/4 in less than 12 seconds and are only reaching a speed of 106, how is removing the speed limiter going to help?

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Thanks for posting that info. Good stuff. Since I don't know this stuff very well, maybe you can enlighten me. If you are doing the 1/4 in less than 12 seconds and are only reaching a speed of 106, how is removing the speed limiter going to help?
He said he was rolling off at the end because he was ahead of his competitor. Engine brake brought him down to 106 at the end because of this. Speeds and times are captured at the end of the 1/4 mile. His best was 11.6 seconds at 122 indicated speed at the end.

• 3 weeks later...
What is your 60' and 1/8 mile time? The top end seems low even with the limiter off.I ran 120 mph with a Suzuki bandit at 11.55 time I wonder if the bike is just not that aerodynamic.The flash seems worth it though thanks for posting this

Thinking it is something I noticed on the dyno--- I have a PC-V to tune and at about 10000 rpm the bike dials the throttle position back to about 80% or more as you approach redline. Not ideal for a 1/4 mile run at WOT. Have seen this on the R-6's I have done as well. Guess this is not addressed in flash???

• 2 years later...

20180611_205015.jpg

im rider #100, other bike was an older EBR 1098(?) 

11.40s in the 1/4mile @120mph 
7.40s in the 1/8 @100mph
60' in 2 seconds

+shifting at 10k rpms
+crossed 1/4mile in 5th gear

+440# bike w/full tank- w/rider =625#
+Tuned ECU by 2WDW using Woolich Racing 
+ Woolich Race Kit ( QS, auto blipper and LC)- LC was not used during this test/tune 
+ Graves Exhaust
+ 15T front sprocket(16T is stock)
+ Higdonion Trail Cage w/upper crash bars
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• 1 month later...

Archived