Bagster seat

• Supporting Member

Based mainly on the glowing advice of @wordsmith , who it seems can't say enough good things about these Bagster seats, I took the plunge and purchased a set on faith.

Well, let me tell you that after going for a couple of rides just to be sure, I'm bitterly disappointed and upset! ....... that I didn't take his advice at the beginning and get one straight away!  Ha!  You didn't steer me wrong there at all wordy.  I can see now why you endorse them so much.

I got the one with the Bultex foam and it certainly is very comfortable and profiled perfectly (for my posterior at least).  So much so that I've even removed the lowering links and returned the bike to standard height as the seating feels so much more refined and 'flat'.

You've done very well.  Thanks.

As they say....Photos or it didn't happen!

With protective foam still attached.

2.thumb.jpg.3f4efc48cbbd32c6eb02c0117a4e2ba0.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.3f0f6109b580802589e0fc12381612a7.jpg

In situ

4.thumb.jpg.24c1af0379b695c61c80f0a78b1ef418.jpg

20190921_144534.thumb.jpg.fac687d89cb3e2b5c35b52ecf6ad10e8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

That looks very familiar and very nice too, dazz!   But you had me going there for a minute - I was about to start growing a beard and planning to leave the country!   FWIW, I don't endorse this brand for any reasons except that for me these seats are sublime.   Of course, for anyone else - except dazzler - YMMV.   But I'm still waiting on news about the availability of the GT seats - I must send 'em a follow-up soonish.

Enjoy that new perch!

W

• Thumbsup 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Does anyone know if Bagster will ship to the US?

There are some Bagster seats listed on Ebay with free international shipping from Amsterdam.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

I don't know, but don't see why not if there are no official USA dealerships/ distributorships to 'protect'.   I read some BAGSTER stuff a few years ago and they stated that extending their US sales was a priority for them.  CHROMEBURNER.nl is a Netherlands company and I'm sure they would ship for you - I'm currently in dialogue with them about the so-far elusive new GT seats from BAGSTER.

• Thumbsup 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member
On 9/26/2019 at 8:27 PM, jdavis said:

Does it slide you fwd? Looks good though.

@jdavis Actually no is the short answer.  Well if I had to be real picky, I would say very slightly.

However,  my previous iteration of seats (I've had a few attempts at getting the original remodeled) would do just that though and that was probably my biggest complaint other than the hardness factor.

For me I find that the covering materials used in this Bagster are textured enough to reduce/stop any sliding and the way the base mould has been made makes for a 'flatter' profile.  Of course the old waiver - YMMV.

Here's a before and after profile view.

BEFORE

old.thumb.jpg.6c93db077b561bd914d4094f7eb78957.jpg

AFTER

new.thumb.jpg.2b161d286cf15f0a4ff25486814272df.jpg

Edited by dazzler24
  • Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
11 hours ago, duhs10 said:

Does anyone know if Bagster will ship to the US?

There are some Bagster seats listed on Ebay with free international shipping from Amsterdam.

@duhs10 If you're talking about Chromeburner then definitely yes.  Have a look at their website if you haven't already done so as they are offering 15% off and 'free' shipping worldwide as per the conditions below.

[Q] Do you ship to my country?

[A] As long as your country is on planet Earth, we do! We ship worldwide with either our national postal services PostNL or with FedEx express shipping for an extra fee.

I recently got my seat through them and had a great experience communications wise and quick shipping even with the free option, to Australia.

Edited by dazzler24
  • Thumbsup 1

Can anyone compare the Bagster to the Sargent seat?  I was about to pull the trigger on a Sargent when I read this thread. 

Dazzler24 you said you were able to remove your lowering links with the seat?  That would be huge because I would love to be more flat footed. Did you order a low or standard seat?

• Supporting Member

@donk - I'm always a bit loath to recommend to others what worked for me will work for everyone else.  As we all know one man's meat can be another man's poison and all that.  Even suspension settings, SAG etc come into play in the height game.

However having said that, for me, the new seat just seems to 'conform' better with my 'land down under' and I felt more comfortable (no pun intended) in putting my original links back in and reset the forks to the top of the triple clamps.

My experience with this setup is that: -

with the seat in the low position I can almost flat foot but feel comfortably in control.

with the seat in the high position I feel (for me) it's just a fraction too high but still useable on flatter ground.

My dimensions are: - 5'10" (178cm) - height; 32" (81cm) - inseam

And I guess if that at the end of the day and whatever seat you get, you find after putting your machine into the original configuration doesn't work for you, you can always put it back.  The exercise doesn't take too long to do after all.

Hope that helps. As always YMMV.

Almost forgot - I ordered a 'READY LUXE' seat from a retailer which is an off the shelf version.  In other words I didn't get to make those choices in the configurator so can't tell you whether it is low or standard.  Others may be able to chime in here with more info on that score.

Edited by dazzler24

I think you mean to say that one man's seat is another man's poison...😎

Edited by wordsmith
  • Haha 2

• Supporting Member
1 minute ago, wordsmith said:

I think you mean to say that one man's seat is another man's poison...😎

Ha!  Hmmm... in retrospect, maybe should have chosen my words more carefully.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 9/11/2019 at 12:44 PM, wordsmith said:

Following on from the above post, here's a pic from August 2018 of the BAGSTER seat that I had made for my last-but-one Tracer.   You can see that it's pretty simple in design, yet I think quite attractive in its own way.    The GT seat, from pix shown, is a little different in some detail but follows the same general shape.   Main thing is, though - it worked like a charm, and I'll follow similar lines but with Cobalt Blue stitching (matching 'blurple') if/ when I order a new BAGSTER seat for my GT.

Incidentally, MOTOSTORM.IT have replied that they still don't have full info on a new GT seat, so it's all looking a little murky.    I'll follow-up later today with an e-mail direct to BAGSTER in France: they should know.

P1040368.JPG

When you get a chance can you measure the width on the widest part of the main seat?

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Supporting Member
17 minutes ago, coachluciano said:

When you get a chance can you measure the width on the widest part of the main seat?

Here you go. - Just to be clear this seat is for my 2015 Tracer.

measure1.thumb.jpg.d5ce890ee361e2f745a1e0c63a240834.jpg

measure2.thumb.jpg.9ffb955568a4d332db4b7dfc5eabc432.jpg

Edited by dazzler24

• Premium Member
On 10/22/2019 at 5:51 PM, dazzler24 said:

Here you go. - Just to be clear this seat is for my 2015 Tracer.

measure1.thumb.jpg.d5ce890ee361e2f745a1e0c63a240834.jpg

measure2.thumb.jpg.9ffb955568a4d332db4b7dfc5eabc432.jpg

Thanks. My Sargent is 2” wider which drives me nuts. Make the bike look too wide for the way I have mine set up. Will be getting a Bagster over the winter for sure. Guess there’ll be a Sargent for sale at some point as well. Lol. Thanks again for measuring. Confirmed what I see in the pictures. Much narrower and conforms to the bike line much better. 

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion.