Bagster seat

• Premium Member
On 10/22/2019 at 5:51 PM, dazzler24 said:

Just purchased from Chromburner on EBay  I had a 10% coupon so saved a bit, or covered tax  I have the same bike in the FJ. Looks like I have a slightly used Sargent for sale. 

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

Did anyone ordered the gel pads for the seat? Bagster states that they are the most comfortable choice for longer rides. All ready seats are offered with only the extra Bultex foam,  no gel option.

It is of course a very personal choice but I am curious about your opinions.

Gel doesn't have a very good rep in motorcycle seats as it is supposed to heat-up quite quickly.   No good in Oz!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member

@wordsmith, @johnakay - I have heard the same thing concerning gel inserts. 

I had a custom seat built just over 2 years ago, it has a gel insert maybe 6"x8" in the center where your "sit bones" (official medical terminology) rest on the seat.

I have since put 34k miles on the seat in temps between 29F and 114F and have never noticed anything uncomfortable in extreme temperatures, I always wear textile riding pants though.

Seat2.jpg.fbb450af1e982da283b03428b3667759.jpgSeat1.jpg.62e6d62f388decf344941cb052d58cda.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Seats on my previous bike (Honda CBF) had gelpads inside. Seats were from Topsellerie, french manufacturer. Never had any problems concerning temperatures, I live in the Netherlands, so the temperatures varies during the year.

As Cromeburner resides in my country (1,5 hour drive, that is considered a long drive in my small country 😊), I can easely pick one up. But as I am accustomed to the gelpad and have no reference to the Bultex foam, still not sure.

Edited by Fleng

6 hours ago, johnakay said:

gel seat no good in uk unless you like freezing ass in winter.

Yep.  I had a gel seat on my old XJ750, and it was tossed in the first winter.  Calgary winter = -20c rides.  Gel freezes, and takes a substantial amount of heat to thaw (read: your butt never warms up) and of course it's rock hard.  Even if not freezing, though, the thermal mass issue is significant.  If it gets hot, it stays hot, if it gets cold, it stays cold.  In hot weather or cold then, they suck.  

Gel seats are only good if you only ride in a narrow temperature range.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

My new Bagster seat shipped Monday from Netherlands - Ebay.  Can't wait. 

s-l400.jpg

Bultex foam, yes or no?. BAGSTER READY LUXE YAMAHA MT-09 TRACER...

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

Well, you just beat me to it! Ordered the same seat today, but with "Tracer GT" written on the backseat.

Got it cheaper though, with a discount and no shipping fee. Not by ebay, but direct from the store. Order today, receive it tomorrow, advantage of living in the Chromeburner country 😀.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fleng said:

Well, you just beat me to it! Ordered the same seat today, but with "Tracer GT" written on the backseat.

Got it cheaper though, with a discount and no shipping fee. Not by ebay, but direct from the store. Order today, receive it tomorrow, advantage of living in the Chromeburner country 😀.

Do upload pics of it 😊👍

• Like 1

Got the new saddle today. The backseat needed a bit of encouragement to settle, but now it all fits.

First impression is that it is softer than the original seat. Have not made a testride as it is raining. No need to get wet. Will try this weekend or otherwise next Monday driving to work.

Bagster Zadel small.jpg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

• Supporting Member
58 minutes ago, Fleng said:

Got the new saddle today. The backseat needed a bit of encouragement to settle, but now it all fits.

First impression is that it is softer than the original seat. Have not made a testride as it is raining. No need to get wet. Will try this weekend or otherwise next Monday driving to work.

Bagster Zadel small.jpg

Looks Good!  👍  I hope you enjoy it and give it as much praise as @wordsmith has.

• Thumbsup 1

Made the first trip today with the new seat. Feels much better as the original seat, forms more to the bum so the pressure is more divided over a larger area. After one and a half hour felt a bit sore on the sit-bones, but had that always, also on the previous bike with gel inserts. So no surprise there. Has to do with the static position while riding.  Driving on winding roads shifts your weight from side to side and has less impact on the sitting parts extending the time until it becomes uncomfortable.

In conclusion very happy with the upgrade 😊

• Thumbsup 5
  • Thanks 1

• Supporting Member
53 minutes ago, Fleng said:

Has to do with the static position while riding.  Driving on winding roads shifts your weight from side to side and has less impact on the sitting parts extending the time until it becomes uncomfortable.

Twisty roads = more riding comfort...  Twisty roads FOR THE WIN!!!  😎

• Thumbsup 1