Bagster seat

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, johnakay said:

I just bought a bagster ,should get it this week but unfortunately I won't be able to test it due to our sh*ty weather.

Mine just cleared customs in NYC - should be here Wednesday / Thursday :)

• Thumbsup 4

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

A comparo between stock GT seat and BAGSTER seat measurements

Someone is bound to ask the question if the BAGSTER seat is taller or lower than stock.  

The self-imposed separation from my GT while I rest my injured shoulder and await – hopefully – Friday’s treatment by my GP couldn’t keep me away, so I took some very careful measurements of the bike with stock and BAGSTER seats installed, both in the lower rider’s position.

Height – the BAGSTER seat is 3mm lower than stock, both measured across in the same location on the seat.   Negligible, I’d suggest.

Rise – measured vertically, the front face of the pillion seat above the level of the rider’s seat immediately in front of it is one centimeter (3/8ths of an inch) taller on the BAGSTER seat than on the stocker.   Again, gnat's whisker stuff.

I measured this 'rise' as I have difficulty with my wonky hips and knees getting on and off the bike, and the extra bit of height can sometimes get in the way if I don’t concentrate on the mounting/ demounting action.   It would be nice to be a long-legged stork or flamingo at times, especially when panniers are fitted!    Pic below. 

Due to some commitments with Mrs Wordsmith I will not be able to get out on the bike for another several days, even if the shoulder issue is resolved, but I hope then to ride the two seats – stock and BAGSTER – over the same local roads back-to-back, which is the only way I know to get a good comparison.

P1060058_LI.jpg

Edited by wordsmith
  • Thumbsup 4
  • Thanks 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member

Oh boy. My seat is being delivered tomorrow along with the snow in the forecast. I envy those who have a longer riding season. 

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Supporting Member
16 hours ago, coachluciano said:

Oh boy. My seat is being delivered tomorrow along with the snow in the forecast. I envy those who have a longer riding season. 

8C49FD1E-3CEE-4ADB-A18B-5A401DF0E210.thumb.jpeg.47276d1134b77bd2c8948673cf741d96.jpeg

You can be 100% certain I’ll be riding on Sunday.   

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, roadrash83 said:

I just ordered the Bagster GT seat from Chromeburner, Should be here just as the snow starts.❄️

Mine came in 10 days from Netherlands and I live in NY.  It was delivered today, but no one here to sign for it :(

- so now I get to wait one more night.

• Supporting Member
11 minutes ago, coachluciano said:

Mine came in 10 days from Netherlands and I live in NY.  It was delivered today, but no one here to sign for it :(

- so now I get to wait one more night.

@coachluciano Thanks for the heads up for having to sign for it! 

Don't forget to PM me about the spacers our I will forget.

• Thumbsup 1

He who dies with the most toys wins.

my seat finally arrived and what a disappointment.      took some fitting but the rear will not sit down.there's a gap which I can almost get me fingers in,everything clicked in so theres nothing more that I can do.and what is more I cannot see this being any more comfortable than standard.it is thinner than the one on the bike.if I wanted a patterned cover it would've been cheaper to get one made.304 uk pounds for what? base? I already have that,cover? thinner layer? don't waste your money folks.never again will I buy off the net.

DSC04700.JPG

DSC04701.JPG

• Premium Member

I will say my back seat took some time to get on. It almost looks like you are not properly hooked u dear the rear two tabs. 

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, coachluciano said:

I will say my back seat took some time to get on. It almost looks like you are not properly hooked u dear the rear two tabs. 

@coachluciano Now go out for a ride.I don't care how cold it is, I want a ride report.  My seat has been showing in transit for the last 5 days and i'm like a little rugrat waiting for Christmas morning!  On another subject the spacers are done and I should be able to pick them up in the next couple of days, as soon as it warms up outside so I don't freeze my ass off.😉

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, johnakay said:

my seat finally arrived and what a disappointment...      

don't waste your money folks.never again will I buy off the net.

@johnakay - Sorry to hear that the seat didn't fit for you, have you already contacted them to get it corrected? 

So far, from reports on this forum, this seems to be an isolated case as everyone universally praises the seat in fit, finish and comfort.  I would at least contact them and try to let them make it right.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

19 hours ago, johnakay said:

my seat finally arrived and what a disappointment.      took some fitting but the rear will not sit down.there's a gap which I can almost get me fingers in,everything clicked in so theres nothing more that I can do.and what is more I cannot see this being any more comfortable than standard.it is thinner than the one on the bike.if I wanted a patterned cover it would've been cheaper to get one made.304 uk pounds for what? base? I already have that,cover? thinner layer? don't waste your money folks.never again will I buy off the net.

This is very disappointing to hear, johnakay, and as something of an unpaid advocate here for the brand I almost feel a bit responsible (but only a bit).   I am now on my fourth (4th) BAGSTER seat, and at around AUD$450 - 500 a pop would clearly not be buying them if I hadn't always been 100% impressed.   But clearly your experience so far is not the same as mine.

Yours is clearly a Gen1 Tracer, but I have to say that on my GT the BAGSTER pillion seat is quite fiddly to get it into place properly - until you've had a bit of practice and get used to working it into place it does not sit quite 'right'.  My pillion perch also needs a good hefty vertical karate-chop to fully engage the lock - until that point it obviously sits a bit proud at the front.   Then - all AOK.   The 'tabs' at the rear are also quite fiddly engage properly, but so are those on the stock/ OE seat I found.  Practice will make perfect.   See self-explanatory pix - first when lightly engaged with lock: second after 'chopping'..

LATER EDIT - same day.   I have discovered the secret of getting the pillion perch securely - err - secured.   The karate chop is still necessary, delivered with a rousing 'hai', but aimed on the front riser surface of the seat, backwards towards the rear of the bike at a 45 degree angle rather than straight down onto the top surface of the seat.   Fixes it perfectly!   See last two pix...

P1060060.JPG

P1060061.JPG

P1060062_LI.jpg

P1060063_LI.jpg

Edited by wordsmith

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.