Bagster seat

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, roadrash83 said:

@coachluciano Now go out for a ride.I don't care how cold it is, I want a ride report.  My seat has been showing in transit for the last 5 days and i'm like a little rugrat waiting for Christmas morning!  On another subject the spacers are done and I should be able to pick them up in the next couple of days, as soon as it warms up outside so I don't freeze my ass off.😉

@roadrash83 Did that very thing Sunday.  Temps hit 48 and had a small opp to test not only the Bagster seat, but my Brembo master cylinder.  Also had to get the STA-BIL mixed.  Seat was exactly what I was looking for as far as fit and esthetics ( i too have a small gap under the rear as pointed out earlier today, but nothing that jumped out at me as odd.  Got's to find someone to buy my Sargent now.  The brake was awesome, not enough time to remotely give it a through test, but "no" comparison to stock.  Spiegler lines coming tomorrow and hopefully complete this mod with the 320mm conversion.  Yesterday we got 12" of snow and today it was 14deg F and salt everywhere - season in NY is officially over...

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Supporting Member
14 minutes ago, coachluciano said:

@roadrash83 Did that very thing Sunday.  Temps hit 48 and had a small opp to test not only the Bagster seat, but my Brembo master cylinder.  Also had to get the STA-BIL mixed.  Seat was exactly what I was looking for as far as fit and esthetics ( i too have a small gap under the rear as pointed out earlier today, but nothing that jumped out at me as odd.  Got's to find someone to buy my Sargent now.  The brake was awesome, not enough time to remotely give it a through test, but "no" comparison to stock.  Spiegler lines coming tomorrow and hopefully complete this mod with the 320mm conversion.  Yesterday we got 12" of snow and today it was 14deg F and salt everywhere - season in NY is officially over...

@coachluciano glad to hear you are happy with the seat and the master cylinder. Did you have to order a special set of lines from spiegler or did you use the stock 900GT line set they offer, and who did you get them from? I have to get my ducks in a row before I put the GT away for the winter and pull out the KLR.

He who dies with the most toys wins.

got a reply back they now want a picture of the underneath.box is all sealed up.lol.no problem I'll have another go tomorrow morning and see if I can get it to seat properly.also will compare it to the standard seat. the standard seat I can get it no problem .no fiddling on to get it on.I let you all know on the outcome later tomorrow. most of you guys will probably getting up for work by then.I bought the ready seat. did any of you guys bought one? and how did you find it compared to the standard seat? to me the ready seat looked thinner than the standard one.

Edited by johnakay

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, roadrash83 said:

@coachluciano glad to hear you are happy with the seat and the master cylinder. Did you have to order a special set of lines from spiegler or did you use the stock 900GT line set they offer, and who did you get them from? I have to get my ducks in a row before I put the GT away for the winter and pull out the KLR.

Just ordered the standard FJ-09 lines - Stoltec in PA - https://stoltecmoto.com/.  99.9% sure the main line down to the ABS manifold will work without issue from Spiegler.  I have the stock lines on there now.  I did need to "release" some slack from the line to the manifold to get it to fit, but nothing to cause alarm.  and the Spiegler lines give some flexibility on grommet location which will help with the main line.

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Supporting Member
6 minutes ago, coachluciano said:

Just ordered the standard FJ-09 lines - Stoltec in PA - https://stoltecmoto.com/.  99.9% sure the main line down to the ABS manifold will work without issue from Spiegler.  I have the stock lines on there now.  I did need to "release" some slack from the line to the manifold to get it to fit, but nothing to cause alarm.  and the Spiegler lines give some flexibility on grommet location which will help with the main line.

I even have the Helibars riser (+1" up and +1" back) and the standard kit from Spiegler fit perfect.  They have several rubber grommets on the lines and include bracket clamps and spacers for perfect placement of the lines.

clamp 1.jpg

Clamp2.jpg

• Thumbsup 3

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

2 hours ago, johnakay said:

got a reply back they now want a picture of the underneath.box is all sealed up.lol.no problem I'll have another go tomorrow morning and see if I can get it to seat properly.also will compare it to the standard seat. the standard seat I can get it no problem .no fiddling on to get it on.I let you all know on the outcome later tomorrow. most of you guys will probably getting up for work by then.I bought the ready seat. did any of you guys bought one? and how did you find it compared to the standard seat? to me the ready seat looked thinner than the standard one.

If you look earlier at this particular Forum topic (BAGSTER seat: post from dazzler24, Oct 25th) you'll see his pix of the underside of his seat, same as yours.   On Sept 27th he also posts side-by-side pix of the stock/ OE seat and his new BAGSTER seat which may interest you.   No point me posting pix of mine (I did so earlier, including pix of the side-on views comparing thickness; I've no issue there at all) as it's the GT model and slightly different as far as the pan or base goes.   Good luck - I'm sure it can and will be sorted.

Edited by wordsmith

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

tried again but no joy in fitting.took more pictures etc for the vender inc measurements.  the bagster bracket sit flushed with the frame no way can it go further down. the rubber stoppers etc are slightly bigger than standard. 4th  picture shows just under 1,1/4" on the bagster which is not shown is just over 1.1/2".

DSC04706.JPG

DSC04710.JPG

DSC04711.JPG

DSC04714.JPG

DSC04709.JPG

DSC04707.JPG

Edited by johnakay

Possible very dumb question, johnakay, but is there anything fastened to or lying on the internal 'rails' (parts of the rear sub-frame) that may be not allowing the seat to go right down?   Maybe a bit of wiring you've installed, a zip-tie, whatever.   I know I allowed that to happen once, and it's not easy to spot the offending item.   In my case, it was simply the wire strap supplied with the bike as the helmet securing device: it sat on top of the rail and was sufficiently proud to keep the seat bumpers too far elevated. 

Edited by wordsmith

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member

See below comparison between Bagster and Sargent.  I think the Bagster will set lower if needed it to by trimming 1/8" off the rubber feet.

Sargent.jpg

Bagster.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

Looking at the parts list: I see 3 different part numbers for the passenger seat...

FJ-09- 2PP-247OH-00-00

TRACER- B5C-24750-00-P0

GT- B5C-247OH-10-00

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, norcal616 said:

Looking at the parts list: I see 3 different part numbers for the passenger seat...

FJ-09- 2PP-247OH-00-00

TRACER- B5C-24750-00-P0

GT- B5C-247OH-10-00

well I can tell you I have the Tracer seat on my FJ for what that's worth.  Did the seat configurations change on these models??  Those are pretty drastic park number differences - I was think stitching would be a possible difference. 

1 hour ago, coachluciano said:

well I can tell you I have the Tracer seat on my FJ for what that's worth.  Did the seat configurations change on these models??  Those are pretty drastic park number differences - I was think stitching would be a possible difference. 

Even looking at the parts list, the seats are totally different( granted the pictures are kinda generic)... gotta be a different pan for the FJ and Tracer/GT bikes...the Tracer/GT looks to have different material/colors/stitching between the 2...

Screenshot_20191114-101310_Chrome.thumb.jpg.84cff945cf2f5a419bc1b46d47c05767.jpg

Screenshot_20191114-101402_Chrome.thumb.jpg.23ab3d074df541cb9825d282f90da166.jpg

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

the vender have accepted my return.just waiting now for the return ticket from them.  the metal base plate...nothing is attached and the seat base bracket is hard up against it. what I would say is that the side walls could be made lower to cover the gap. everything that needed to rest on the bike is rested so nothing can be altered. mine is a 2017 model. on their ad it states 2015- 2019. well the 2018/19 are different to the earlier models.

• Supporting Member
5 minutes ago, johnakay said:

the vender have accepted my return.just waiting now for the return ticket from them.  the metal base plate...nothing is attached and the seat base bracket is hard up against it. what I would say is that the side walls could be made lower to cover the gap. everything that needed to rest on the bike is rested so nothing can be altered. mine is a 2017 model. on their ad it states 2015- 2019. well the 2018/19 are different to the earlier models.

Good to hear that they are taking care of it.  Are going to get a different replacement or just a full refund?

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***