Bagster seat

We never got the 2018 bikes in the USA... we got the 2015-17 FJ-09 then the 2019+ Tracer/GT... 

It didn't help Yamaha had 2 different names for the same bike till 2019 which adds to the confusion...

2015-17 - 1st gen

2018+ 2nd gen 

• Thumbsup 1
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

10 hours ago, coachluciano said:

See below comparison between Bagster and Sargent.  I think the Bagster will set lower if needed it to by trimming 1/8" off the rubber feet.

Sargent.jpg

Bagster.jpg

Well this is unfortunate... I was planning to order one for my '15. Did the front seat fit properly? 

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, duhs10 said:

Well this is unfortunate... I was planning to order one for my '15. Did the front seat fit properly? 

That’s the ticket. Just swap the feet of the original seat like I just did and not only does it fit better but no jostling to get it to snap in. Went on like butter. Someone tell Bagster there feet are to big. Big feet, if meat, I know. But not in this case. They were visibly different when the pan was identical to stock. 

048CF535-F772-4050-8E78-0D2EC3ACE9E4.jpeg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 2

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, coachluciano said:

That’s the ticket. Just swap the feet of the original seat like I just did and not only does it fit better but no jostling to get it to snap in. Went on like butter. Someone tell Bagster there feet are to big. Big feet, if meat, I know. But not in this case. They were visibly different when the pan was identical to stock.

Only trouble with doing that is that the whole seat then wobbles around if you rock it from side to side.  At least it did for me when I tried that.  YMMV.

On Gen1 Tracers the rider seat was notably sloppy and rocked from side to side - an uneasy feeling until one got used to it.

• Thumbsup 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

3 hours ago, wordsmith said:

On Gen1 Tracers the rider seat was notably sloppy and rocked from side to side - an uneasy feeling until one got used to it.

Rider = passenger??

OEM or Bagster?

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Sorry - need to be more precise!   Rider (driver) seat, a well-known defect, tho' not necessarily of great concern to some.   I don't know if the pillion seat was likewise sloppy as I never carry passengers.    OE stock perch.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

Only trouble with doing that is that the whole seat then wobbles around if you rock it from side to side.  At least it did for me when I tried that.  YMMV.

Not at all in my case. I’m talking about the rear seat by the way. That was the gap issue. Absolutely no issues with the front straight out of the box. Add to that, the stock Bagster rubber feet are the weak link in this seat. They don’t fit well in the holes that secure them and have a lot of wobble. That all went away when I swapped with my stock feet. The materials used in the feet are noticeably different and the Bagster is much harder. Not complaining by any means. Just observing what I see. 

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Supporting Member
8 hours ago, coachluciano said:

Not at all in my case. I’m talking about the rear seat by the way. That was the gap issue. Absolutely no issues with the front straight out of the box. Add to that, the stock Bagster rubber feet are the weak link in this seat. They don’t fit well in the holes that secure them and have a lot of wobble. That all went away when I swapped with my stock feet. The materials used in the feet are noticeably different and the Bagster is much harder. Not complaining by any means. Just observing what I see. 

OK this went South with confusing inputs.  Just to be clear I (dazzler24) was talking about the rear seat as well.  That was what your topic/issue was about after all.  Now, I too changed out the rubber feet with the OEM rear seat rubbers and the seat (Passenger) went from being stable to a feeling of looseness. i.e. rocking from side to side.

From what you're saying based on your experience, Bagster either has a quality control issue or our two seats are different versions or something else....?.  You're getting the exact opposite to my experience??

I also think that, like many things in life, different people have different expectations and see things, well, differently.   What's fine/acceptable to one person can be absolute c%$p to another.   Like I always try to say when doing a 'review' of anything I like or dislike....  YMMV.  And ain't that the truth AMEN.

• Supporting Member

@coachluciano - Just out of interest, what's the number that's written on the sticker under your Bagster seat?

Mine is - 120719NL0447/80 -5355Z.  I think the last bit 5355Z is the important part.  I think, and I say think, the other numbers may refer to the configuration of the individual seat.  Happy to be corrected on that score if not the case.

P.S. both seats have the same number on mine.

Has anyone ordered from silverstonemotor.com ?? I know of Chromeburner, but the process on silverstone's website seems more straight forward.

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, BBB said:

@duhs10@wessieordered from them IIRC. He’s not on much these days but may respond to a message.

I did, in 2015. As I ordered a Diva with some bespoke choices there was a delay but that was down to the factory not the retailer. 

I have not ordered anything from them since but would certainly use them again. 

• Thumbsup 1
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

@coachluciano - Just out of interest, what's the number that's written on the sticker under your Bagster seat?

Mine is - 120719NL0447/80 -5355Z.  I think the last bit 5355Z is the important part.  I think, and I say think, the other numbers may refer to the configuration of the individual seat.  Happy to be corrected on that score if not the case.

P.S. both seats have the same number on mine.

@dazzler24 230919NL0447/98-5355Z.  Fits like a glove with the feet swap from stock. Both front and rear. 

Well I pulled the trigger on a Bagster Ready Luxe with Bultex Foam... dont have the full model but it was listed as 5355Z.  Ordered from silverstonemotor.com in France. Their ordering process seemed very straightforward.  I will follow up when I receive it in a few weeks.

I too like @coachluciano am giving it a go after owning a Sargent seat. I have had my Sargent for 3 years and it's a good seat l. Definitely an improvement over stock, but the wife and I went on a diet and lost some weight and now my boney butt and tailbone does not agree with the Sargent. Time will tell if the Bagster does the trick.

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

Fayetteville, GA, USA