Bagster seat

I don't wish to sound either defensive or an advocate (acting, unpaid) for the BAGSTER company, but the height of the rubbers may be a red herring (mixing my metaphors here!) as the pan/ base of the BAGSTER product is new and presumably made to their specs.   It's not impossible that this could have something to do with the differing heights of the rubbers.   As for comfort - always remember the old YMMV....

• Thumbsup 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member
9 hours ago, BBB said:

You can see there is a considerable height difference so I've swapped to the Yamaha rubbers and the rear seat sits a lot lower now.

@BBB - and does it sit securely/firmly or is there freeplay/movement like I experienced when attempting that method?

• Supporting Member
10 hours ago, BBB said:

In a fit of sheep-like behaviour I ordered the same Bagster seat.... On reflection, unsure at this stage whether I've simply wasted £200....

Don't feel bad... walked the ledge several times over the years. If I didn't already have a decent seat, this latest frenzy would probably have me over. 😐

• Thumbsup 2
  • Haha 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

8 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

@BBB - and does it sit securely/firmly or is there freeplay/movement like I experienced when attempting that method?

It sits as firmly as the original seat, as in some play but no noticeable difference.

I think there’s a danger of being overly critical if not too careful. I started tutting and muttering under my breath at the gap between the bodywork and the rear of the Bagster seat, thinking of all the rain that could get in there. Only to find that the original seat had the same gap, I’d just never noticed before and of course the original seat was free with the bike 🤪

• Thumbsup 2

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• 2 weeks later...

Got my Ready Luxe with Bultex... first impressions are positive. Will have to wait for a ride to truly know.

As far as the gap on the rear seat. I probably wouldn't have noticed it right away had it not been brought to my attention on the forum. I will be swapping out the rubber feet on the rear seat to get it a little closer to the body work.

• Thumbsup 2

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, duhs10 said:

Got my Ready Luxe with Bultex... first impressions are positive. Will have to wait for a ride to truly know.

As far as the gap on the rear seat. I probably wouldn't have noticed it right away had it not been brought to my attention on the forum. I will be swapping out the rubber feet on the rear seat to get it a little closer to the body work.

Yes you will. Lol. 

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

Finally got around to a ride... wasnt a long ride but my normal 40 minute commute to work. Really liked the seat. WAY better than stock and I would even say it is better than the Sargent as well. It felt plush but supportive.  Wish I would have gone this route initially. The Sargent is still much better than stock but it just wasnt soft enough for me. It seems they focused more on keeping the seat low and dispersing the weight over a wider pan as opposed to more foam to absorb the pressure.

Anyway happy with it. Might have a Sargent available soon if anyone is interested.

• Thumbsup 2
  • Thanks 1

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Supporting Member
9 minutes ago, duhs10 said:

Finally got around to a ride... wasnt a long ride but my normal 40 minute commute to work. Really liked the seat. WAY better than stock and I would even say it is better than the Sargent as well. It felt plush but supportive.  Wish I would have gone this route initially. The Sargent is still much better than stock but it just wasnt soft enough for me. It seems they focused more on keeping the seat low and dispersing the weight over a wider pan as opposed to more foam to absorb the pressure.

Anyway happy with it. Might have a Sargent available soon if anyone is interested.

Everybody's experience (bum) is different but I for one can definately ride further/longer with the Bagster when compared to the OEM seat.

Glad to hear your experience is a positive one already. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

So... I rode in the rain today with the rear Bagster attached.  I have not taken the time to swap out the rubber feet on the rear seat to minimize the gap in the rear that has been discussed in this thread.  I would like to report that virtually no water made it under the seat. I was actually a bit surprised.  I didn't get any pictures as proof because I was on my way into work and running a bit late but I did take the time to check.

Regardless, I still plan to swap the feet out to lessen the gap.

• Thumbsup 2

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member

@roadwarrior - A Google search only returned results from European vendors.  I think everyone here who has ordered one has had it shipped from Europe.

bagster-yamaha-tracer-900-gt-2018-2019-m

BAGSTER comfort seat READY LUXE motorcycle Yamaha TRACER 900 &...

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

1 hour ago, roadwarrior said:

So how does one order a Bagster seat stateside?

If you look back in this thread there are a few links to companies that will ship the Bagster seat to the US.  I ordered mine from Silverstonemotor.com without issues and free shipping. Ships from France and takes about 3 weeks to receive.

• Thumbsup 2

Fayetteville, GA, USA