Tiny 'bar-mounted alternative to a tank-bag

I don’t much care for carrying hard objects such as a camera, phone, etc. in my jacket pocket when riding lest I fall off and the object(s) take a liking to my rib-cage!  At the same time, I do like to be able to stop almost anywhere to take a quick pic or two when the opportunity presents.

Getting off the bike to locate the camera in the top-box is a hassle, and sometimes tricky or even impossible on very narrow verge-less country roads of the kind I’ll shortly be travelling, so I have fitted this small hard case – actually intended for a cycle – to the handlebar of my bike.   With it there I have instant access to both phone and camera, as needed, plus a small notebook and pen and a tiny glass bottle of eye-spray, without needing to dismount.

It’s my take on a tank-bag, which I don’t like much, and with similar set-ups in the past on various other bikes I know it will be very handy.   Its compact size is only some 15cm/ 6” in length, with two compartments inside.   Cost me $12 in a sporting-goods store.

P1050364.JPG

P1050365.JPG

Edited by wordsmith

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.