• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

HAZARD LIGHTS...

Just noticed this on p 4-19 of the Owner Manual.   Cannot seem to locate the switch.   Would appreciate some guidance - maybe it is not a feature of my Oz bike...  Departing for points north early tomorrow (Thurs 30th) so I'd like to have it working...TIA...

P1050383.JPG

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member

@wordsmith  On the FJ it should be below the mode switch, unless there a difference in your part of the world. 

Edited by betoney

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Thank you - found it!!!   Never noticed it before.   None so blind as those who cannot see!

Edited by wordsmith

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member

Wow I never knew that! Speaking of sharing small tidbits of FJ09 knowledge......... Today I got on the bike and turned the key and pressed the start button, but nothing happened. No noise, nothing. Hmmmmm. Tried again, same thing. After the third time, I get off the bike and start looking around for an obvious cause. 

And the answer was......... The little trigger attached the side stand was stuck, and was telling the bike the side stand was down. I laughed, wiped it clean, manually moved the lever up and down a few times, and drove it home, where I properly lubricated it in hopes it doesn't happen again.

5 hours ago, wordsmith said:

Thank you - found it!!!   Never noticed it before.   None so blind as those who cannot see!

Using that switch is the easiest way to check all your indicator lights are working. One switch, one walk around, job done.

• Thumbsup 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

10 hours ago, wordsmith said:

As a former technical writer of (computer) manuals that no one ever read, I say   RTFM  !

• Haha 4
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• Premium Member

I tried using that button to start mine several times! Wondered why it didn't crank and all the lights were blinking!! Thought something was broken...DOH!

It's in basically the same spot as many Honda starter buttons are.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, nhchris said:

As a former technical writer of (computer) manuals that no one ever read, I say   RTFM  !

All very well and good, chris, but the friggin' manual surely should have a small pic or other illustration of the location of this button, well-hidden as it is!

Lol, this thread is amusing me. The triangle is standard on all cars and motorcycles. Every bike i've ridden has had one, and all in more or less the same place :)

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member

I literally found that the very first time I went to start my new bike at the dealership:  Turned the key on, punched the 'starter' button, and the emergency flashers lit up.   Old habits...

• Thumbsup 2

12 minutes ago, bugie said:

Lol, this thread is amusing me. The triangle is standard on all cars and motorcycles. Every bike i've ridden has had one, and all in more or less the same place :)

My cages have gotten a little more standardized the last couple decades on placement. Wish I could say the same of my motorcycles as I'll throw them on for a few cycles when there's an accident or debris causing a sudden slowdown etc.  Of the three I've owned with hazards: FJ RH switches, FJR LH fairing panel,  Versys LH switches.

Course when I get in cars I still want to toggle the brights with a foot switch :) 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

• Supporting Member
33 minutes ago, chitown said:

Course when I get in cars I still want to toggle the brights with a foot switch :) 

I confess that I'm old enough to understand that reference... barely.   :)

• Thumbsup 1