Bridgestone S21 Longevity

• Supporting Member

I have just burned through my 2nd set of Bridgestone Battlax S21 Hypersport tires and have to give them 2 big thumbs up.

Know right from the start that they are a "sport" tire and will not last as long as a "touring" tire. 

On Monday I took a 2,000+ mile road trip to Santa Cruz, the tires had been on my bike since the start of the year and already had 3500 miles on them when I left.  Normally when I plan a road trip, I try to incorporate as many "fun" roads as possible, however I only had a short window (4.5 days) for this trip so I mixed in some "fun" roads with over 1,100 miles of interstate. ☹️  The tires now have almost 5,600 miles on them and could easily reach 6k, - for a sport tire that is an eternity, especially considering that over half of the miles on the tire are highway, or straight up and down riding miles.

When used for their intended purpose, sport riding, they are a fantastic tire.  I have used them year around down to freezing temperatures to 115 degrees in Sacramento Valley and they stick in a corner!   From tight 3rd gear higher rpm twisties to long flowing sweepers at triple digit speeds, these tires have never slipped, lost traction or given me anything but utmost confidence when the bikes needs to hold a line.  And the best part is they are cheap, Rockymountainatvmc has them for $186 a set (currently on backorder) and when I bought my last set, Bridgestone was offering a $60 rebate - $126 a set!!!

I have another 2,500 mile road trip back to Northern California in 2 weeks, it will be a more relaxed pace and ALL "fun" roads this time.  7 days of twisties and sweepers!  Another set of S21's are standing by waiting to get installed.

Not bad for 5,600 miles

5600 Miles.jpg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Betoney, here's the Angel GT at mounting and 1,532 miles later. So far so good. Had a KTM Super Duke get in with our group in Eureka Springs that had an Angel GT also with almost 5,000 miles on it and it still looked good. Hoping for the best. Can't believe your getting over 5,000 miles out of a sportbike tire, WOW!

IMG_6881.JPG

IMG_6914.JPG

• Thumbsup 1

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

• Supporting Member
11 minutes ago, tktplz said:

Betoney, here's the Angel GT at mounting and 1,532 miles later. So far so good. Had a KTM Super Duke get in with our group in Eureka Springs that had an Angel GT also with almost 5,000 miles on it and it still looked good. Hoping for the best. Can't believe your getting over 5,000 miles out of a sportbike tire, WOW!

Yes, I am very impressed with the mileage out of this tire, highway and interstate riding usually kills a tire like this quite quickly.  I have also used many sets of Angel GT's on different bikes and LOVE them, I just don't like the price.

That first photo with brand new GT's installed - its a beautiful thing!! 😎

• Haha 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

5 hours ago, betoney said:

That first photo with brand new GT's installed - its a beautiful thing!! 😎

Yes, it is. After 410 miles up to Eureka Springs AR, the 1st miles on the tire also, you could still make out the GT in the center of the tire. From Rockymountain it was 164 bucks to my door, not bad. I have seen the Angel ST, in sets, on Amazon.com for 199.00. The new GTII is close to 200.00 for the rear. Hoping to get some good mileage from it, fingers crossed!

• Thumbsup 1

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!