Southern Ontario Meetup

Husqy

Hey gang,

Just thought it would be fun if we could try to arrange a meetup in the GTA to chat about FJ09/Tracer900 and maybe take a couple pics!

I'm thinking 2-ish months from now so everyone has lots of time to block their calendar.

Proposed days

• July 27 (sat) or 28 (sun)
  • August 10 (sat) or 11 (sun)
  • August 24 (Sat) or 25 (sun)

Also looking to crowdsource location ideas, but I'm thinking something along the 401, maybe near the airport? 

No shame; I'm tagging those of you who I know live nearby based on the member map! @piotrek @hammer @josh 

@darkstar77 @fURYOS @gv550 @tinkerfreak @Torbeach @rsorensen @daboys19 @stumpy @getpetey @baytower

Edit (June 20): For anyone not looking at the most updated post, here is the current plan: 

Trafalgar and 124, in Erin. Saturday, July 27 at 10:00am. Plan is to then ride through Forks, Mclaren then up to Hockley. After Hockley, we can swing by Mono Hills if anyone is keen.

Edited by Husqy
updating information for meetup

I'm in,

But not near the airport. I work around there...don't want a day off to remind me that I'll have to go back in a day or two  lol.

July 27 / August 24 works in that order.

August 10/11 is probably out all together.

Cheers!

Hi, I'm all for a meetup with fellow riders, and all those dates are open but....... I'm a simple country boy and have no desire to ride anywhere in, near or through Toronto. Sorry for the mini rant!  If a more rider friendly location can be agreed on, count me in. 😎

• Thumbsup 1

2019 Tracer GT,  Ontario, Canada

How about we aim for July 27th (Sat) and use August 24th as our backup in case the weather doesn't cooperate?

@gv550I hear you! Fair enough. We can find a spot that's more suitable for going for a ride after we hang out.

I'm thinking Orangeville (Forks, Hockley, Mono etc)... or perhaps Milton I know a few sideroads + escarpment (down towards Hamilton if we want).

Speak now or forever hold your peace! Orangeville, Milton or another suggestion.

• Thumbsup 1

Sounds like a great plan! Unfortunately the only weekend that doesn’t work for me right now is the July 27 weekend. Go figure!!! Lol.  I’ll keep following however in case the final decision is a different one. @Husqy, thanks for taking the lead!

I would like to be part of this too.  I too was thinking early in the summer because I believe it will be a valuable experience.  Then we can fit another ride in (or those that can't schedule it) before the end of the summer.

What about July 15/16 or 22/23?  I would also like to suggest meeting in a smaller town like Mono Mills (just 12 minutes east of Orangeville) which is Hwy 9 and Airport Rd?

Roger (in Bradford)

July 15/16 and 22/23 are monday/tuesday. Assuming you mean the weekend before that?

Selfishly, I'm unavailable those weekends.. but also wanted to provide plenty of heads up.

Mono Mills is pretty much the same as Orangeville. Just figured Orangeville would be easier as its a good launching point for the nice roads (Forks and Hockley) and it has Highway 10 running to it, so easier to get to generally.

Edited by Husqy

Yes, you're right, I was looking at the June calendar. - July 13/14 or 20/21.  My family are gone camping at the end of July and August long weekend... so July 27 won't work for me.  I still like having the earlier date in July and a later date in Aug (17 or 24) - that way at least you can make one (or hopefully both).  Does Saturday, July 13 or 20 work or anyone?

And, yes we can meet in Orangeville if you think its a better launching point (I want to ride the Forks!) - I was only suggesting Mono Mills because it's rural and not urban... easy to meet and to jump right on the highway.

Let make this happen.  Roger

Hey folks

Just found out about this!

I'm in Cambridge and I would be down for a meet up - but July 27th doesn't work for me due to family vacation. Next time for sure!

If you want to meet in the Orangeville or Erin area (good jumping off point for Forks/Hockley etc.) I could suggest the parking lot of the little plaza/gas station at the corner of 124 and Trafalgar Road. There is a Petro Canada there as well as a great diner called Judy's (good food).

It's not a super-busy plaza and has lots of room for bikes.

staticmap?center=43.7451652%2C-80.076822

Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in...

I wouldn't recommend meeting at the Forks on a Saturday as it's so busy nowadays.

The Hockley General Store is a great place, but depending on when you are there and how many attend, parking can be a challenge.

Just a suggestion.

Rob 

Thanks for your suggestions Rob.

Its hard to agree on place and date as everybody has busy schedules during July/August.  I am still thinking we should organize a ride in July and wondering if July 20 or 21 will work for most people?  I also like your suggestion about meeting at the General Store in Hockley Valley because it probably the furthest point in the loop for some and the closest point for others.  There is room to park if we meet in the mid-morning as it will not be too busy yet (I know the place well).  From there we can decide our route.  For those that can't make the date (unless July 13 or 14 works better for people), we can organize another ride mid-late August.  Any consensus out there? And will it be Saturday or Sunday?

Roger

staticmap?center=44.0173036%2C-79.961608

Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps.