Factory hard bags big enough for an Aerostich?

I added factory hard cases to my 2015 as part of some upgrades for its new commuting task.  The plan was also to get an Aerostich one piece.  Although I like the bags, they're not very big, I'm skeptical one side could hold a whole suit, and my whole commuting plan is shot if I can't lock up my suit with the bike.   Any Aerostich owners here with factory cases who can let me know?  I could get a 2 piece and lock each half up on different sides, but would prefer a one piece.  Thanks!

Edited by dbezerkeley
grammar

I've never tried to put my Roadcrafter in a side case, but it fits in my Yamaha 50L top box. I wear a lined Classic size 44 with hip and back armor. I  don't think it will fit unless you're really short and don't use the armor in the suit. I've never seen the newer unlined Roadcrafter, but that should roll up a bit smaller. 

I put one of my Aerostich Combat Lite boots in each side case, the suit in the top case, and the helmet on a Yamaha helmet hanger installed in the left side. 

Edited by kmev

FWIW, I commute as well and just wear all my gear in and remove in my office, don't leave anything on my bike except my gloves.  I keep a pair of shoes in my office to switch out with my boots.

• Thumbsup 1

My Roadcrafter one piece with armor but NO back protector would be a struggle to get into an FJR side case. Fits in my Givi's (46 or 52) fine. 

But, I always toted my gear inside because of heat anyway.

When I can't, if weather is good or parking is covered I run a cable lock through the suit and helmet and the rest goes in the luggage.

• Premium Member

You could lash the suit to passenger seat using cargo net or ROK straps if theft is not a concern.  Carry suit using Aerostich adjustable carry strap.

Or as already suggested just waltz into work wearing the suit.  

IBA Member #59800

3 Nations Brewing Mug Club #100

4 hours ago, paulcb said:

FWIW, I commute as well and just wear all my gear in and remove in my office, don't leave anything on my bike except my gloves.  I keep a pair of shoes in my office to switch out with my boots.

I commute on my bike as well and this is how I do it. Over the years my office has turned into a little Men's Warehouse store, where I keep 3 pairs of shoes, 8 suit jackets, two belts, and 6 ties.  The only thing left on my bike is an old, ratty Cycle Gear bike cover. 

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Since you haven't bought an Aerostich yet, I'll take this opportunity to mention that unless you want to get the R-3 the two-piece Roadcrafter is the better all around choice. This saddlebag storage issue is just one of many reasons. I have 40L Hepco Becker bags, and even with the back protector removed I don't think my R-3 would fit in one. My old two piece Roadcrafter could zip apart and fit no problem.

The two piece is also more waterproof, easier to use with heated gear, more customizable, and (surprisingly) is easier to put on. 

There are countless other advantages. I had a two-piece Roadcrafter for 19 years and not once did I wish it was a one piece. I've had my one-piece R-3 for three years now, and I frequently find myself wishing I could split it in two.

• Thumbsup 1

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

I've had my one piece Roadcrafter suit for 27 years.  Still have it but now I switch  between it and a 2 piece Darien. Both have their  advantages but I really  prefer the  one piece.

• 1 month later...