Tracer seats

Similarly as others commented, I got used to the OEM seat, mind you, I lowered its rear by shortening the rubber bumpers by about 7 mm. This seat in combination with rather backwards positioned foot pegs actually makes sense. If nothing, it is fairly forgiving for the men's reproductive organs...😁

We are very lucky there are people making custom seats.  Most oem seats are nice to sit on in the showroom, but little else.  If the Corbin goes south on me at least I have something to ride with until my seat pans come back from another builder.

12 hours ago, brewhaha said:

@stumpy Would you say the terry's seat is higher than stock? looks like it. I have to ride in the low position. worried about  being on my tip toes.

yes it is...keeps you from sliding up into the tank.  i'm 5'7" and i am on my toes and balls of my feet

• Thumbsup 1

I have the standard and comfort seat and yes the comfort is better but not brilliant.

I got an air hawk to try and used it on my last trip and found it made a big difference but takes a bit of getting used to and playing with the air pressure.

Anyway yesterday I was out for the day and decided to remove the air hawk and just run the Yamaha comfort seat and after about 60 miles I wishing I had left it on.

I’m planning on getting a gel pad and fitting it into the standard seat to see how that works out when I get round to it I will report back.

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, quetech said:

I have the standard and comfort seat and yes the comfort is better but not brilliant.

I got an air hawk to try and used it on my last trip and found it made a big difference but takes a bit of getting used to and playing with the air pressure.

Anyway yesterday I was out for the day and decided to remove the air hawk and just run the Yamaha comfort seat and after about 60 miles I wishing I had left it on.

I’m planning on getting a gel pad and fitting it into the standard seat to see how that works out when I get round to it I will report back.

I tried many different options (and spent a lot of money) trying to get the seat comfortable, finally I decided to stop messing around and had a custom seat built just for me and my dimensions. - COMPLETE GAME CHANGER!!  I did a ride-in and they pulled the seat cover and had me sit on the bike, took measurements and made alterations specifically based on my posture and dimensions.

There are many places that build  custom seats, one that gets consistent high praise and is very fairly priced is Terry Adcox (use search function).  I will never own another bike without a custom built seat.

• Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Anyone know if the Bagster seat will work for a 2019 Tracer GT? And how comfortable is it? I found one online for $280, and the only other option I've seen is a Corbin at $500, or the Yamaha comfort seat which seems to get mixed reviews.

I'm finding the stock seat to be very uncomfortable - always sliding forward and bunching up my pants. On a hot day, terribly uncomfortable for me.

I prefer to set at the very back of the seat, so I would want something that doesn't push me any farther forward.

• Supporting Member
41 minutes ago, XYZTracerGT said:

Anyone know if the Bagster seat will work for a 2019 Tracer GT? And how comfortable is it? I found one online for $280, and the only other option I've seen is a Corbin at $500, or the Yamaha comfort seat which seems to get mixed reviews.

I'm finding the stock seat to be very uncomfortable - always sliding forward and bunching up my pants. On a hot day, terribly uncomfortable for me.

I prefer to set at the very back of the seat, so I would want something that doesn't push me any farther forward.

Read the previous post above yours.  Corbin and Yamaha comfort seats are NOT your only option for a comfortable seat.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Seat Concepts is my vote... Keeps me just planted near the tank enough without putting getting "fruit" smashed against the tank... But I understand it's the nature of the beast as the FJ/Tracer is 93.63% sport bike under is skin...

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Just got back from a 300 mile ride on back roads with the stock seat.  It was just fine.  I wear riding pants, either Joe Rocket or Klim depending on the temperature.  If it's hot or a rather long ride, I use LD Comfort shorts and not cotton underwear.  Moisture is not your friend on a motorcycle seat and can make you sore quickly.

The stock seat puts me near the tank where a like to be for twisties.  If I get uncomfortable in that position, I stand on the pegs and reseat myself on the seat.  There is also plenty of room to scoot back on the stock seat if your butt needs a little change of scenery.  I've said it before....  Many riders I see with seat problems haven't broken in their butts.  I don't see many cushy saddles on horses either.  The rider has to learn to ride.

Keep your butt dry.  If you buy LD Comfort shorts, don't put any powder on your body or it blocks the wicking process of the shorts.

https://ldcomfort.com/

LD Comfort's products are not cheap at first, but end up being that way over time.  I'm still wearing the shorts I bought 7 years ago.  They must be hand washed with mild soap and without fabric softener.  LD's other base layers are excellent also.  You can wet their fabric, wring it out, and it will still be dry on the inside against your skin.  Check out their YouTube videos so see how the fabric works.  Their long socks are excellent also and keep your feet dry.

If you wear jeans when you ride, that would be a good way to build up moisture around your jingle bells.  Not smart for that reason as well as pretty dumb not protecting yourself in the event of a get off.

Now.....back to my stock seat.

Edited by fjrpittsburgh
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, XYZTracerGT said:

i here the bagster gets some good reviews but i would give Terry Adcox a call and talk to him first.  if you like what you hear it's your decision.  at $250us it's a really great deal ...i swear by mine.

Edited by stumpy
spelling
  • Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member
On 6/8/2019 at 11:17 AM, XYZTracerGT said:

I have a Bagster on my '15 FJ and it's been great. Moved over from a Yamaha Comfort which was okay but the Bagster is definitely better.

I'm sure Bagster makes a model for a Tracer GT but am not sure whether a '15 would fit on a '19.

The website I found for the Bagster seat showed it fitting the MT-09 Tracer which is what they called the previous years model in Europe and won't work on our 18' 19' US Tracers. I could be wrong tho.

I'm a big fan of airhawks but with this bike being so tall to begin with, it's makes pretty much out of my range and comfort zone. May go the Seth Laam route if I don't get more used to the comfort seat.

• 2 months later...

I spent a day over at Sargent a couple of weeks ago so they could use my bike to develop a new seat for the GT.

They might've had it done already, but it's different enough from the FJ that they had to have a couple of new parts for the seat pan machined.

I would expect they should have it ready within a couple weeks.

• Thumbsup 2
  • Thanks 1

2003 ST1300A,  2017 PCX-150,  2019 Tracer 900 GT