Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 6/10/2019 at 12:40 PM, upshift said:

I have a Bagster on my '15 FJ and it's been great. Moved over from a Yamaha Comfort which was okay but the Bagster is definitely better.

I'm sure Bagster makes a model for a Tracer GT but am not sure whether a '15 would fit on a '19.

This response is rather late, but... I have it from Yamaha HQ that the GT seat does NOT fit earlier bike models.   As at Aug 13th BAGSTER is close to having a GT seat available, but Europe pretty much closes for business during August, hence the delays, as new seat-pans (bases) are required.   I'm waiting - it will be well worth while judging from my earlier very satisfied and comfortable experiences with the brand.... 


Wordsmith - a '39 model; bike - a 2019 Tracer 900 GT, Midnight Black and with many farklings.   Redland Bay, SE Queensland, Australia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stgolfer said:

I spent a day over at Sargent a couple of weeks ago so they could use my bike to develop a new seat for the GT.

They might've had it done already, but it's different enough from the FJ that they had to have a couple of new parts for the seat pan machined.

I would expect they should have it ready within a couple weeks.

I wonder why they are so late to the game??  The GT was in dealers showrooms in June of last year. 


***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, betoney said:

I wonder why they are so late to the game??  The GT was in dealers showrooms in June of last year. 

Demand - or lack thereof.


Wordsmith - a '39 model; bike - a 2019 Tracer 900 GT, Midnight Black and with many farklings.   Redland Bay, SE Queensland, Australia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, betoney said:

I wonder why they are so late to the game??  The GT was in dealers showrooms in June of last year. 

They couldn't get their hands on a bike. Dealers were selling them as fast as they were getting them in, so they couldn't get a loaner.

When their local dealer told them they weren't ordering any more, they started looking for a bike to use. I volunteered.

  • Thanks 1

2003 ST1300A,  2017 PCX-150,  2019 Tracer 900 GT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have only had my GT ten days or so but three outings totalling 700 miles convince me the Standard seat is not comfortable.

I have had a sheepskin cover on it for 400 of those miles and it has not helped.

For my Tiger800 I bought a cheap second hand seat,  took the cover off, scalped out "foam" and inserted a gel block and stapled the cover back. That worked.

No source of a cheap GT seat but I am reluctant to attack the new seat --- despite it being uncomfortable.

Definitely Rock and a Hard place !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, flyfifer said:

I have only had my GT ten days or so but three outings totalling 700 miles convince me the Standard seat is not comfortable.

I have had a sheepskin cover on it for 400 of those miles and it has not helped.

For my Tiger800 I bought a cheap second hand seat,  took the cover off, scalped out "foam" and inserted a gel block and stapled the cover back. That worked.

No source of a cheap GT seat but I am reluctant to attack the new seat --- despite it being uncomfortable.

Definitely Rock and a Hard place !

 Wait a little while used seats will show up on Ebay.


He who dies with the most toys wins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sargent update Aug 15:

Tracer 900 / 900 GT 2019+

COMING SOON!  Currently in Research & Development and slated for a late August / early September 2019 release. (During a recent fitting, we found another adjustment that required another part be designed and produced.)

Edited by R.C.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you think the GT seat is uncomfortable on long trips, you should sit on the FZ-07 seat.  I bought an FZ-07 to add to the fleet 2 weeks ago.  The FZ-07 seat is only good for about 100 miles before it gets hard and uncomfortable.  I just ordered the Seat Concepts kit for it and will give that a shot.  It has to be better.  I added Givi V37 side cases and a V46 trunk with Admore lighting on all cases.  I haven't finished the installation of the side case lights yet, but will accomplish that task soon.  I can live with the stock GT seat.  It's just fine for now.

  • Thumbsup 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, R.C. said:

Sargent update Aug 15:

Tracer 900 / 900 GT 2019+

COMING SOON!  Currently in Research & Development and slated for a late August / early September 2019 release. (During a recent fitting, we found another adjustment that required another part be designed and produced.)

I hope they are addressing the downward slope of the seat.  That alone would make it much more comfortable.  


There is noting like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have just covered 1000 miles or so over four days, (ferry from Cairnryan, around a fair bit of Ireland and back - most of it in torrential rain).

To mitigate the discomfort of the seat I had the sheepskin cover crudely fixed to the seat and the piece of 20mm gel between the two.

Definite improvement, so I might bite the bullet and DIY a gel seat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×