On 6/10/2019 at 12:40 PM, upshift said:

I have a Bagster on my '15 FJ and it's been great. Moved over from a Yamaha Comfort which was okay but the Bagster is definitely better.

I'm sure Bagster makes a model for a Tracer GT but am not sure whether a '15 would fit on a '19.

This response is rather late, but... I have it from Yamaha HQ that the GT seat does NOT fit earlier bike models.   As at Aug 13th BAGSTER is close to having a GT seat available, but Europe pretty much closes for business during August, hence the delays, as new seat-pans (bases) are required.   I'm waiting - it will be well worth while judging from my earlier very satisfied and comfortable experiences with the brand.... 

Wordsmith - a '39 model; bike - a 2019 Tracer 900 GT, Midnight Black and with many farklings.   Redland Bay, SE Queensland, Australia.

1 hour ago, stgolfer said:

I spent a day over at Sargent a couple of weeks ago so they could use my bike to develop a new seat for the GT.

They might've had it done already, but it's different enough from the FJ that they had to have a couple of new parts for the seat pan machined.

I would expect they should have it ready within a couple weeks.

I wonder why they are so late to the game??  The GT was in dealers showrooms in June of last year. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

1 hour ago, betoney said:

I wonder why they are so late to the game??  The GT was in dealers showrooms in June of last year. 

Demand - or lack thereof.

Wordsmith - a '39 model; bike - a 2019 Tracer 900 GT, Midnight Black and with many farklings.   Redland Bay, SE Queensland, Australia.

1 hour ago, betoney said:

They couldn't get their hands on a bike. Dealers were selling them as fast as they were getting them in, so they couldn't get a loaner.

When their local dealer told them they weren't ordering any more, they started looking for a bike to use. I volunteered.

• Thanks 1

2003 ST1300A,  2017 PCX-150,  2019 Tracer 900 GT

I have only had my GT ten days or so but three outings totalling 700 miles convince me the Standard seat is not comfortable.

I have had a sheepskin cover on it for 400 of those miles and it has not helped.

For my Tiger800 I bought a cheap second hand seat,  took the cover off, scalped out "foam" and inserted a gel block and stapled the cover back. That worked.

No source of a cheap GT seat but I am reluctant to attack the new seat --- despite it being uncomfortable.

Definitely Rock and a Hard place !

5 hours ago, flyfifer said:

I have only had my GT ten days or so but three outings totalling 700 miles convince me the Standard seat is not comfortable.

I have had a sheepskin cover on it for 400 of those miles and it has not helped.

For my Tiger800 I bought a cheap second hand seat,  took the cover off, scalped out "foam" and inserted a gel block and stapled the cover back. That worked.

No source of a cheap GT seat but I am reluctant to attack the new seat --- despite it being uncomfortable.

Definitely Rock and a Hard place !

Wait a little while used seats will show up on Ebay.

He who dies with the most toys wins.

Sargent update Aug 15:

Tracer 900 / 900 GT 2019+

COMING SOON!  Currently in Research & Development and slated for a late August / early September 2019 release. (During a recent fitting, we found another adjustment that required another part be designed and produced.)

Edited by R.C.
  • Like 1

If you think the GT seat is uncomfortable on long trips, you should sit on the FZ-07 seat.  I bought an FZ-07 to add to the fleet 2 weeks ago.  The FZ-07 seat is only good for about 100 miles before it gets hard and uncomfortable.  I just ordered the Seat Concepts kit for it and will give that a shot.  It has to be better.  I added Givi V37 side cases and a V46 trunk with Admore lighting on all cases.  I haven't finished the installation of the side case lights yet, but will accomplish that task soon.  I can live with the stock GT seat.  It's just fine for now.

• Thumbsup 1

19 hours ago, R.C. said:

Sargent update Aug 15:

Tracer 900 / 900 GT 2019+

COMING SOON!  Currently in Research & Development and slated for a late August / early September 2019 release. (During a recent fitting, we found another adjustment that required another part be designed and produced.)

I hope they are addressing the downward slope of the seat.  That alone would make it much more comfortable.  

There is noting like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

I have just covered 1000 miles or so over four days, (ferry from Cairnryan, around a fair bit of Ireland and back - most of it in torrential rain).

To mitigate the discomfort of the seat I had the sheepskin cover crudely fixed to the seat and the piece of 20mm gel between the two.

Definite improvement, so I might bite the bullet and DIY a gel seat.