Jump to content
johnakay

my scottish trip....

Recommended Posts

well the Scottish trip turned out not so good.ended up in A&E.got to Dunbarton .on the(tuesday) following day we got to inveraray but I took bad.vomiting,shaking real bad.a few stops on the way to f/williams vomiting etc. got as far as onich but could not go any further. I was so ill and ended up in belford hospital for 4 nights.honestly I don't know how I manage to travel that far.my wife said my head was dropping down a few times and slightly drifting from the road.the doctors said I got cellulitis and they said I was lucky not to crash and they can't believe I rode through Glen coe.my right ankle and lower half of my leg swelled up.I was in a right state. home now and recovering but no riding or driving for a few weeks.1st picture not sure where we we but on the A82,2nd Oban,foot/leg as it is now but was a lot worst than that. on the road to recovery.

DSC04458.JPG

  • Thumbsup 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Carpark at the top of The Rest and Be Thankful. Hope you're on the mend.

Edited by baz
Spellin
  • Thumbsup 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a lot better now and soon will be riding my bike again next week.

and thank you for get well wish.

  • Thumbsup 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s terrible. Get better quick and head back out there. 

  • Thumbsup 1

I like Guns...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@johnakay on a completely different subject and shamelessly hijacking your thread......What top box and rear carrier is that in your pic? Is it the Yamaha set? What literage is the top box. I'm going to get a rear carrier and topbox for my GT, I like the 'integrated' look of the Yamaha rear rack (as it look slike the exisiting grab handles) but already have Givi boxes and monokey plate, which aren't compatible with the Yamaha rack.

Cheers

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2019 at 11:30 AM, johnakay said:

a lot better now and soon will be riding my bike again next week.

and thank you for get well wish.

Thats good to hear.  Get better quickly and get back out riding.  👍

BTW, I like the unique color of your bike - looks good, its not very common.  I like something a little bit different. 


***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bowlin01 said:

@johnakay on a completely different subject and shamelessly hijacking your thread......What top box and rear carrier is that in your pic? Is it the Yamaha set? What literage is the top box. I'm going to get a rear carrier and topbox for my GT, I like the 'integrated' look of the Yamaha rear rack (as it look slike the exisiting grab handles) but already have Givi boxes and monokey plate, which aren't compatible with the Yamaha rack.

Cheers

Steve

the rack is a chinese made. and you can fit any base plate.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, betoney said:

Thats good to hear.  Get better quickly and get back out riding.  👍

BTW, I like the unique color of your bike - looks good, its not very common.  I like something a little bit different. 

wife doesn't like the colour but she didn't buy it.lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, johnakay said:

the rack is a chinese made. and you can fit any base plate.

 

@johnakay Oh Wow, you might have just solved my problem, brilliant. With this solution I can use my existing Givi kit, many thanks.

Have you had any concerns about strength of the rack? Any issues with weight limit etc?

Cheers

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

none whatsoever. I'm a welder and fabricator by trade but retired now.

the brackets is welded all the way long.

over done in my opinion but complaining

had to trim down the spacers for my kappa side luggage frame.

I'd recommend it.

I was going to make my own till I bought this.

  • Thumbsup 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bu99er! Having contacted the seller they do not think it'll fit the GT!

Back to the drawing board.

Cheers

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×