Cell phone mount that isn't an X-grip

bluestreak1500

• 4 months later...

I use one from the Hondo Garage for my IPHONE XR. It’s expensive (100$- ish) but After losing a phone to a cheap eBay mount, I’ll never take the cheap route again. I’ve done thousands of miles with it, held rock solid. Only works for horizontal orientation though. I moonlighted as an event paramedic and used it on my ATV for outdoor events and never had an issue. 

The perfect squeeze bar mount. 10/10 for me. 

Screen_Shot_2019-02-03_at_5.50.11_PM_240

Comes with everything you need: (1)...

• Thumbsup 2

I can reccomend this mount, easy one handed mounting and removal of the phone and a secure grip that allows you to use it in either horizontal or vertical orientation.

After losing an expensive phone on the highway because of a cheap mount, I bought this Tackform  mount and have been very pleased with it. Wish that I had gotten it to start with. 

Screenshot_20200409-222644_Amazon Shopping.jpg

20 hours ago, spitfireorca said:

I use one from the Hondo Garage for my IPHONE XR. It’s expensive (100$- ish) but After losing a phone to a cheap eBay mount, I’ll never take the cheap route again. I’ve done thousands of miles with it, held rock solid. Only works for horizontal orientation though. I moonlighted as an event paramedic and used it on my ATV for outdoor events and never had an issue. 

The perfect squeeze bar mount. 10/10 for me. 

Screen_Shot_2019-02-03_at_5.50.11_PM_240

Comes with everything you need: (1)...

This! I have the Big Squeeze for a tablet, and it is a sold mount. Yes, it's pricey, but how much do most smart phone's cost these days? Also, the company is very good with support. You would have to try really hard to break this thing, but if something did fail, they fix it.

They now have a version with a built-in wireless charger that supports quick charging. You can also go for a RAM ball mount on the back for more flexible mounting options. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 11/20/2019 at 6:54 AM, brewhaha said:

Just received my Quadlock. Can confirm its pretty cool. works great.

+1. 

After using the X-grip for a number of years, i'm really happy with the Quadlock. The X-grip always worked - even on my WRR all over Baja, Moab etc. But the quad lock just works better - and being able to adjust into landscape or portrait mode without having to undo the ram-ball is a game changer. 

• Thumbsup 1

• 4 weeks later...

Learning here... first time heard about X Grip, never occured to me it might mess up with left and ride button, which was in my shopping list when my tracer arrives. Guess will stick to my USD3 handphone cover, at least its somehow water resistant. 

grip.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I wish I never bought the X grip because this thing is amazing. I had the same issue with the power button being pressed on my Motorola phone, no more with this thing. You can move the pins also. I only use 3 and its amazingly sturdy. I paid like 16 bucks for it on amazon not long ago. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0088LL7UA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by sdwillie
2016 FJ09

On 6/3/2020 at 11:22 AM, smurph said:

+1. 

After using the X-grip for a number of years, i'm really happy with the Quadlock. The X-grip always worked - even on my WRR all over Baja, Moab etc. But the quad lock just works better - and being able to adjust into landscape or portrait mode without having to undo the ram-ball is a game changer. 

Well that was short lasted. After using the quad lock, i had to get the camera replaced in my iPhone 11 after a few rides. The vibrations totally killed it. Quadlock is sending me one of their new vibration dampener mounts once they release them but i'm not sure i'll use it. For now the phone will remain in my pocket. I never had issues with my iPhone 4, 5,  or 7. I guess the newer ones are more sensitive. Be careful. 

Here is mine, installed it couple days ago, was seriously consider x grip but mmmm... it will cost me here about usd80-90, dun see its worth paying and ended up with usd6 , all metal and with my tpu cover, it locks real solid, even comes with that rubber thingy like x grip. 

DEE669E4-7FDC-4056-9A40-FFF038A9F959.jpeg

• 2 months later...
On 5/3/2020 at 4:47 PM, Zach26 said:

My Tackform mount has been excellent. I can't recommend them enough. I posted a review on it a few weeks ago. 

20200417-190003.jpg

+1 for the Tackform, I'm happy I got this one. A little pricey but well worth it. My review on Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R1ZAG1HL69GV3B/ref=cm_cr_othr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B076279FZS

Ordered the quad lock 2 days ago with dampers as existing one took my iPhone to hospital for rear eye surgery. Have also ask ram mount how they deal with vibration and replied I got was from the mounting ball.... have checked on Rockform where nothing sells on vibration dampers, hence can’t afford another eye surgery, go with quad lock whom I was sold based on that additional damper, hopefully my phone will last.