bluestreak1500

Cell phone mount that isn't an X-grip

finally found an old used Rokform case for my Samsung G5, and then ordered the Rokform mount ....

it will be in this week   :D

• Thumbsup 1

BugsinTeeth........

"Peace is that time when everyone stands around reloading" . . . . Thomas Jefferson

I use one from the Hondo Garage for my IPHONE XR. It’s expensive (100$- ish) but After losing a phone to a cheap eBay mount, I’ll never take the cheap route again. I’ve done thousands of miles with it, held rock solid. Only works for horizontal orientation though. I moonlighted as an event paramedic and used it on my ATV for outdoor events and never had an issue. 

The perfect squeeze bar mount. 10/10 for me. 

Screen_Shot_2019-02-03_at_5.50.11_PM_240

Comes with everything you need: (1)...

• Thumbsup 2

I can reccomend this mount, easy one handed mounting and removal of the phone and a secure grip that allows you to use it in either horizontal or vertical orientation.

After losing an expensive phone on the highway because of a cheap mount, I bought this Tackform  mount and have been very pleased with it. Wish that I had gotten it to start with. 

Screenshot_20200409-222644_Amazon Shopping.jpg

20 hours ago, spitfireorca said:

I use one from the Hondo Garage for my IPHONE XR. It’s expensive (100$- ish) but After losing a phone to a cheap eBay mount, I’ll never take the cheap route again. I’ve done thousands of miles with it, held rock solid. Only works for horizontal orientation though. I moonlighted as an event paramedic and used it on my ATV for outdoor events and never had an issue. 

The perfect squeeze bar mount. 10/10 for me. 

Screen_Shot_2019-02-03_at_5.50.11_PM_240

Comes with everything you need: (1)...

This! I have the Big Squeeze for a tablet, and it is a sold mount. Yes, it's pricey, but how much do most smart phone's cost these days? Also, the company is very good with support. You would have to try really hard to break this thing, but if something did fail, they fix it.

They now have a version with a built-in wireless charger that supports quick charging. You can also go for a RAM ball mount on the back for more flexible mounting options. 

My Tackform mount has been excellent. I can't recommend them enough. I posted a review on it a few weeks ago. 

20200417-190003.jpg

On 11/20/2019 at 6:54 AM, brewhaha said:

Just received my Quadlock. Can confirm its pretty cool. works great.

+1. 

After using the X-grip for a number of years, i'm really happy with the Quadlock. The X-grip always worked - even on my WRR all over Baja, Moab etc. But the quad lock just works better - and being able to adjust into landscape or portrait mode without having to undo the ram-ball is a game changer. 

• Thumbsup 1

Learning here... first time heard about X Grip, never occured to me it might mess up with left and ride button, which was in my shopping list when my tracer arrives. Guess will stick to my USD3 handphone cover, at least its somehow water resistant. 

grip.jpg