AUX Acc power plug

Larz

So what do folks know about the 4 pin power plug under the seat? I'm guessing it's for the blank power port on the right side of the fairing, and is only 2 amps? Owner's manual ( Yes I've got to get a service manual) just says go pay dealership. And along those lines, what you all doing to run heated gear- direct to Battery or connecting a power block of some sort..... thanks in advance for any feedback

The 4 pin plug is the OBD reader plug, not an Aux plug.

Their is a two pin Aux plug under the seat, it's buried deeper in the wiring. Mine was on the right hand side between the battery and towards the seat locking bar. As for heated gear, I go either directly to the battery or as you said a power block of some sort.

• Thumbsup 1

2 hours ago, mickey63 said:

The 4 pin plug is the OBD reader plug, not an Aux plug.

Their is a two pin Aux plug under the seat, it's buried deeper in the wiring. Mine was on the right hand side between the battery and towards the seat locking bar. As for heated gear, I go either directly to the battery or as you said a power block of some sort.

I’ve never heard of the two pin aux plug under the seat. There are spare plugs under the windscreen, but they are low current so only really suitable for satnav and aux lights. For heated gear, use a fused connection to the battery or power block.

• Thumbsup 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

37 minutes ago, BBB said:

I’ve never heard of the two pin aux plug under the seat. There are spare plugs under the windscreen, but they are low current so only really suitable for satnav and aux lights. For heated gear, use a fused connection to the battery or power block.

It's used to supply power to the heated seat (if you buy one) it's exactly the same as the Aux one behind the screen. 

Look at the video in this link. 7.20 in you'll see the lead from the seat and where it plugs in. 

Edited by mickey63
  • Thumbsup 2

20 hours ago, fjrpittsburgh said:

I mounted a Powerlet outlet on the left side of the bike on the frame to power my heated gear  I wired it directly to the battery with a fuse in line.

This is a nice option for heated gear that I like to use vs powerlet.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E3D5QPY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, quaxum said:

got a pic of the connection under the seat? i'm looking to route foglight wires to somewhere there is ignition source

Have you already used the switched aux plugs behind the screen?  No sense running fog light wiring to the back of the bike. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

On 6/12/2019 at 3:35 AM, betoney said:

Have you already used the switched aux plugs behind the screen?  No sense running fog light wiring to the back of the bike. 

no but the power comes from the battery. therefore i was thinking of limiting the wires to the middle part of the bike. are there any source that i can tap? 

@quaxum, for fog light connections it is better to use a switched power source, i.e. one that only comes on when the ignition switch is turned on. If you make a battery connection, unless you use a specially designed fuse board, it is  permanent live.

Yamaha puts four switched connectors under the screen, for the connection of accessories, so that is what most people use.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• 1 year later...
  • Premium Member

As you have a 2020 Tracer, I've not heard of this Aux plug on the 15~17 FJs, do you know if they have it too?

And is that side cover screened vent OEM, and what is its function other than provide a direct route for water and dust to under the saddle? 

Thx

• Thumbsup 1

1 hour ago, 2and3cylinders said:

As you have a 2020 Tracer, I've not heard of this Aux plug on the 15~17 FJs, do you know if they have it too?

No idea, I only have a 2020.

1 hour ago, 2and3cylinders said:

And is that side cover screened vent OEM, and what is its function other than provide a direct route for water and dust to under the saddle?

Tis but a motorcycle, there's holes all over. Couple miles down dry gravel roads will prove the fallacy of secondary ingress.