AUX Acc power plug

Larz

• 9 months later...
On 11.06.2019 at 22:35, betoney said:

Вы уже использовали переключаемые штекеры aux за экраном? Нет смысла прокладывать проводку противотуманных фар к задней части мотоцикла. 

they are designed to reach a capacity of 2A. what if fog lights consume 40 watts?

• Supporting Member
17 hours ago, Jokerman said:

they are designed to reach a capacity of 2A. what if fog lights consume 40 watts?

2A is the amp budget for the branch. The wiring is at least 18AWG, so good for ~10A over the length. There are two 2A auxiliary circuits, wired in parallel... so if you're only using one... your budget is now 4A.

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

If I remember correctly it's a 2A fuse so probably a good idea to not push too close to the 2A rating.  I ran my Garmin Zumo XT off of mine with no difficulties.  For lights really want a circuit that will turn on and off with the ignition.  Ideally as @flyfifer suggests a smart fuse box.  With current electronics (LOL unintended pun) with the current limiting technology that eliminates the need to fuse circuits it is much easier to add circuits.  With PWM control the brightness of the lights can be controlled as well as heated gear.  When I look at the cost of a heated gear controller plus the benefit of a light controller the sting of the controller box is lessened.