Sign in to follow this  
thejrod

Handlebar Vibration

I'm getting a pretty decent buzz through the bars at around 4k RPM. It's enough (or just the right frequency) to make my hand go numb after a while. 

I had a FZ-09 prior to the Tracer and didn't have the issue. I could remove the handguards and install regular bar-end weights, but I'd prefer to keep the handguards. Anyone have ideas on other solutions?

No solution, just a little humor.  When I wear my fitbit it gives me outrageous readouts.  One time it said I walked 234 miles and climbed stairs 97 floors.  That made me tired when I saw it.  

I have noticed a little vibration in forth gear, but no where else.  But the fitbit shows it's there.

• Thumbsup 1

2 hours ago, thejrod said:

I'm getting a pretty decent buzz through the bars at around 4k RPM. 

Reason enough to keep her above 5k rpm, besides, that’s where the fun starts! 😎

• Thumbsup 3

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

1 hour ago, Coop said:

No solution, just a little humor.  When I wear my fitbit it gives me outrageous readouts.  One time it said I walked 234 miles and climbed stairs 97 floors.  That made me tired when I saw it.  

I have noticed a little vibration in forth gear, but no where else.  But the fitbit shows it's there.

Oh man, now I know how to win every fitbit competition I enter!! 

• Thumbsup 1

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current

i had this in mine, its all inthe left, i recently added a handlebar relocation, made it only a few millimiters higher and closer to me. it significantly reduced the vibration. still somewhat there depending on the rpm im in at 65-75 mph.

i think bar end weights will kill the vibration

I have 4500 miles on my GT now and the handlebar buzz is less than when new.  I had a 2008 FJR that also got smoother as the miles piled on. Do a search for Grip Buddies, they are like open ended Grip Puppies that make for an easy installation on a bike with hand guards --> one end has velcro/tape that sticks to the grips, the other end has Velcro.  Clean the grips, attach one end, wrap the Puppies around the grip, secure with velcro, and done.

High Quality American Made, Foam Rubber Neoprene Aftermarket...

2019 Tracer 900 GT

Niwot CO
USA

I have the HVMP bar ends on my '15. They came with them on, so I got to know the bike with them as part of the experience. Several months later, in an attempt to shorten the width of the handlebars for better lane splitting, I took them off. The difference was substantial. I felt buzziness throughout the rev range that I didn't feel before. After putting them back on the handlebars became smooth again.  

The HVMP are massive, weighing over a pound each. But they are impressive in how much vibration they quell. 

• Like 1

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current