Bought my first paddock stand

Coop

8 hours ago, StealthAu said:

I align my chain with a laser, like the one in the link below. 

profi-motorcycle-laser-chain-alignment-t

Finally with this tool you can check chain and belt alignment with laser...

Now you've done it!  Who told you I like lasers?  Now how to tape a Glock to the sprocket.  Thanks for the information.  

Edited by Coop
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Coop said:

Now how to tape a Glock to the sprocket.  Thanks for the information.  

Now you've done it! Now I'm all qued up on everything James "007" Bond......Now I have to paint my bike Aston Martin Green!  🤑

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

13 minutes ago, tktplz said:

Now you've done it! Now I'm all qued up on everything James "007" Bond......Now I have to paint my bike Aston Martin Green!  🤑

I always wanted one Lotus colors.  BRG with yellow wheels.  David Brown built some beautiful cars though.  Wasn't 007's DB5 silver?  It has been a while so I'm not sure.  Now you've done it.  I'll be thinking about British sports cars all day.  The 60's were a great time, there were so many small manufacturers and everybody was trying to stick a small block V8 into their cars.  A friend had a Sunbeam Tiger and yes he got the competition extension cord.  The aft sparkplugs were changed out from inside the car.  Oh well, it will be a pleasant day.

Edited by Coop

• Premium Member

Back to original question, my rear paddock stand definitely lifts rear higher than the center stand.   Had one from previous bikes.  Gives you more room to work underneath if you need it.  Easiest way is just put bike on center stand first then slip paddock stand on rear bobbins and lift.

• Thumbsup 1

2 minutes ago, mikerbiker said:

Back to original question, my rear paddock stand definitely lifts rear higher than the center stand.   Had one from previous bikes.  Gives you more room to work underneath if you need it.  Easiest way is just put bike on center stand first then slip paddock stand on rear bobbins and lift.

Thanks!

You won't believe this, but the Crimson Trace laser for a Glock will lay flat on the sprocket and will align with the outside edge of the chain.   WWwwwoooooooohhhhooooo!

• Supporting Member
1 minute ago, Coop said:

You won't believe this, but the Crimson Trace laser for a Glock will lay flat on the sprocket and will align with the outside edge of the chain.   WWwwwoooooooohhhhooooo!

"No sweetheart...  that AmEx charge isn't more gun parts.  It's just some routine vehicle maintenance tools."

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, chitown said:

If that laser was attached to a shark's head I might have to get one :)

If I can't see alignment marks on a swingarm I use a rule with a slide.

Sharks are sold separately. 

I was given one of these when buying a couple sets of sprockets and chains a few years back.

Used a bunch of other methods prior, but using the laser makes it quick and easy for myself. 

The price in the one I linked is over the top, only just saw it. You can get them for around $20 elsewhere. 

On 6/12/2019 at 9:01 PM, Coop said:

I bought a Harris rear stand and like some newbies I'm kind of scared to use it. 

My last bike, a ZRX1100 didn't have a center stand. I got this from Pit bull Stands and found this way took allot of the asynchronous out of putting it on the stand. You pull it toward yourself while standing on the side of the motorcycle holding it up. Not attacking it from the rear.

F0043-000.jpg

The Spooled Forward Handle Rear lifts spool-equipped bikes. It is...

29 minutes ago, tktplz said:

My last bike, a ZRX1100 didn't have a center stand. I got this from Pit bull Stands and found this way took allot of the asynchronous out of putting it on the stand. You pull it toward yourself while standing on the side of the motorcycle holding it up. Not attacking it from the rear.

F0043-000.jpg

The Spooled Forward Handle Rear lifts spool-equipped bikes. It is...

Nice....good idea.

• Thumbsup 1

1 hour ago, Coop said:

Nice....good idea.

It works well and easy to use. Not worried about the bike falling. Haven't used it with the FJ since it has a center stand. Had a 1996 ZX11 also with a center stand, Gen 1 VMax had a center stand.