Long Day Ride

My son Trevor and I left home this morning at 8:15 and headed for the amazing roads of Southeast Ohio.  This area has some of the best twisty roads in the country.  If you look at a map anywhere Northeast or Northwest of Marietta, OH, you'll see what I mean.  We clocked 460 miles and arrived back home at 8:15 PM.  A long day of backroads riding on the Tracer GT and the FJR.  Both bikes performed flawlessly and got quite a workout.  We really tore it up today and I will sleep well tonight.  So much fun!

Edited by fjrpittsburgh
spacing
  • Thumbsup 4
  • Like 1

My FJR group does a weekend Ramble in Marietta the first week of May every year.  We usually have around 40 riders show up.  All bikes are welcomed.  We break up into small riding groups and ride many GPS routes we've created over the years.  No fun riding in a parade.  We try to keep the riding groups to 6 or less.  Great area!

Edited by fjrpittsburgh
  • Thumbsup 3

• Premium Member

Wife and I have hosted the (Honda) ST Owners OH-STOC event out of Lake Hope State Park, west of Athens, for the last 8 years.  50+ riders attended this year.

Sooo many outstanding roads in the area!  We use "Drop and sweep" method for larger group rides, and smaller groups do what they want.

MSTA does their "Mail Pouch Fly-by" out of Marietta too.  

If you get a chance to ride this area, do it! You will not be disappointed!  

And if you need info on some routes or someone to lead you around, let me know!

20190607_081930.jpg

20190607_121831.jpg

P1000746Cropped.jpg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 3