Touring screen

At 6'6" The stock screen annoyed the hell out of me. 

Took it off, much better. Bought a cheap short matte black screen off ebay just for looks really, works just as well as no screen.

Picked up a Madstad screen for longer trips in the cooler months, works great. keeps the air off me and is nice and quiet. 

• Thumbsup 1

Am I the only person in the universe who finds the stock screen (on a Gen 1 Tracer) to be fine!   Admittedly I am only 5'9.5" / 177 cm tall, and live and mainly ride in a benign sub-tropical climate, but...

Having said that I'd appreciate knowing if the location of the mounting holes in the GT's OE screen are identical to those in the Gen1 Tracer screen.   Reason for this enquiry is because I fitted an inexpensive (about $AUD44) E-Bay double-bubble screen to my Tracer, purely on the grounds of appearance - although I did also find it stiffer and that it flexed/ oscillated less than the OE - and I'd like to think about putting another on a new GT I may shortly acquire.

Thank you - if I do and it works I'll report here in due course.

Edited by wordsmith

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

what is the biggest screen you can get for the Tracer i have the upgraded yam tracer screen but i get bad wind on my helmet causes a head ache i want something high do 0 zero wind lol

• 1 month later...

So after seeking the opinion of others and experience of the stock screen for the last 600 miles from new, (not good!)  I have opted for the Puig Touring screen based on my previous experience of one of their screens (on a Honda) and the quality. So far it I would say it has transformed my rider experience for the better. No real pressure on my upper body any more and a lot quieter on my helmet depending on the height adjustment of the screen, as a 6 ft rider I am delighted.!1074114290_PuigScreen.png.d9cae0801526cddc0000fcf249f48ab0.png

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 2

Ordered my 2019 Tracer with the Yamaha touring screen.  It wasn't good: lots of buffeting and helmet noise.  Tried spacing it out from the mounting plate.  Tried shortening it.  Then, gave up and put on a Madstad screen.  Problem solved!  The engineering that puts airflow behind the screen, plus the angle & height adjust-ability makes for a screen that you can dial-in to fit you.  

Edited by R.C.
  • Thumbsup 1