Hello From Detroit

Greetings from the Motor City!  Recently picked up a used 2015 FJ-09 off of Craigslist with only 5,000 miles on it. 

Came with everything you see here:  Sargent seat, Givi side cases & trunk, OEM heated grips, Givi windscreen, and Givi engine guards.  He threw in the stock seat and windscreen as well.  Bought it to replace my 2013 BMW K1600 GTL, mainly due to it's weight and size.  

Find myself having a blast banging through the gears and throwing it around corners, not something I could do on my BMW.   

Now to address the soft suspension.  

Looking forward to meeting all of you and contributing to the forum.  Feel free to reach out to me if you're in the area, always looking for new riding friends.

FJ09.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

Welcome from the forum... Nice to see another MI rider...

OEM suspension is MEH if one is over the #150-70 range... It could be better but it's far better than stock FZ-07 suspension 😅

I used these settings and put the forks approx 12mm above triple tree... I am approx #170-75 suited up... 

Edited by norcal616
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Spring it for your weight immediately to get a big return. I have a post from a company in Canada that does a rear shock upgrade well. Stoltech, a vendor on this site does springs well as well as a drop in cartridge and oil. Both are the economy way to go. A rear Ohlin and drop in Ohlin cartridges are the high end way to go. Greetings from Windsor. Also check out Michigan Sport Toring Riders for like minded riders. Well organised 270 plus members that are active.

Thanks for the info on the suspension upgrade, I'll so a search for that Stoltech thread you referred to.  For the deal I got (paid less than $6K for everything) I'm not looking to invest a whole lot.  But that front is just too soft.  Does not instill any confidence while cornering or any hard braking.  

Will also check out the Michigan Sport Touring Riders as well.