Jump to content
koth442

Adventure Tracer

Recommended Posts

A friend of mine just picked up a '19 Tracer 900 base model. He's doing / did an ADV conversion. I'm reposting his pics. First step was a set of Cogni-moto wheels. 19" front, 17" rear. Told me today he bent the rear swing arm linkage "jumping the phuck out of it on fire roads". Why convert the Tracer to ADV? To match his XSR900 trackbike and FZ09 scrambler of course! I'm envious. 

 

Wheels.thumb.jpg.d3280e9e385e76b166e3006f80a5392d.jpg

 

bentLinkage.png

  • Thumbsup 1

'15 FJ09

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those laced wheels look great on the bike.  That color scheme is much better than the only color available of the GT.

I am a bit of the "why do it" as well, but good on him for doing what he wanted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2019 at 3:49 PM, koth442 said:

A friend of mine just picked up a '19 Tracer 900 base model. He's doing / did an ADV conversion. I'm reposting his pics. First step was a set of Cogni-moto wheels. 19" front, 17" rear. Told me today he bent the rear swing arm linkage "jumping the phuck out of it on fire roads". Why convert the Tracer to ADV? To match his XSR900 trackbike and FZ09 scrambler of course! I'm envious. 

 

Image may contain: motorcycle

 

No photo description available.

 

SZXX-YFBD1j9uEfwK2HbAqenHV_5fs8Z2KGh87JQ4OlSDoQaWKO6-3W2iSBVSC4HM9IwOmFF3-pjLIiBK9UuiXxsBOiqEW5kFoL9wowZzMC5THZgTF3fLaftvoe3oEBVJWorU-sn1WXqn6sl0bmmwrKjxfkbUJSNsY9IFi_D_nXPhHDWs1tXPU5uzBXcA4HTO4ZfQHhTqCDG92u_Can12as5_0qhSsbYI_UX0F9ywBL4FVOZA4n4yRlaR9T6imxlI1QXpa37_J9koGAN3J4ZjyefScKzkxxQtqjEqUtx646L9PIwmtDEa9D4PJbmwDh1d6tTYF4qd-HoKgjMnFnnuXSfwiok8LN31SZlvoDynZLhDtTuz1UEKNO0-n4TW8_IHcInqL3vhz1RQ4pFLc4Cr4LYK378Ot5N1C8Ot6NDHCEEaHK-RR42y_Em6ha_gEV31zD-gcx2OWhUFc8IuBwGaHTa_Uw0chGf22mZZGVpBOr5hzjrB6dV79zEvyZleTr7o7XZkFM7pFu3KAj4iAb-kAN6ErBaE3x8-F5os_xFdoZyJrIOBvXM0MfELT8NiONFeE2SKnKUhzF5tq12mouJDGTYrbgKNBitQ-FaX74M04qtPWETofcSnL0FFZscluTYmP7afyrymts4KeDLKAEbYzre_1sGtSU=w415-h737-no

64929829_419491598778789_4697344107444436992_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_oc=AQm_kkLYlkMlCWoPBdU88hVqesNEFhe4GmAsMw50V-BhvPZr1uY5EMalngcujDwf5KU&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=00dbab369c1fb533045885e47338c649&oe=5D799A99

Is this bike in Sacramento? Had my forks done at BHP. The mechanic who worked on my bike has a bike fitting this description and two other bikes you mentioned. That Tracer has the rims, tires, exhaust, Ohlins, steering stabilizer and probably left out several other things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fr8dog said:

Is this bike in Sacramento? Had my forks done at BHP. The mechanic who worked on my bike has a bike fitting this description and two other bikes you mentioned. That Tracer has the rims, tires, exhaust, Ohlins, steering stabilizer and probably left out several other things.

Yup, that's him. 


'15 FJ09

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aminochelat said:

How did it end up?

Good. He's done a lot of off road riding.

Muddy.jpg.fcb33f29119f9529f1d9634bc0f78b8c.jpg


'15 FJ09

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, koth442 said:

Dobrý. Udělal spoustu terénních jízd.

Thanks, he wrote somewhere about it, do you have a link?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, koth442 said:

Good. He's done a lot of off road riding.

Muddy.jpg.fcb33f29119f9529f1d9634bc0f78b8c.jpg

Great. Ktech piston kit and springs. 

  • Thumbsup 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Aminochelat said:

Thanks, he wrote somewhere about it, do you have a link?

I don't. He's a personal friend of mine and to my knowledge not on the forums.


'15 FJ09

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jaj... this is sad, known from the Czech group argue with me that Tracer can not be off-road. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Aminochelat said:

Jaj... this is sad, known from the Czech group argue with me that Tracer can not be off-road. 

You could follow him on Instagram if you'd like. Hi

https://www.instagram.com/triston_throttles/

 

offroad.png.8358404108a2080942b4f02cda57da6a.png

  • Thumbsup 2

'15 FJ09

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×