Atlanta and Georgia Area Riders

• Premium Member

Since we've moved to the new forum a lot of old threads aren't subscribed and/or dead.  I figured I'd start a new thread to coordinate folks who would like to get out and ride together, meet up or plan events in the state of Georgia.  I'm personally in the Atlanta area.

Who else do we have in Georgia?

Sound off, and follow the thread if you're interested in riding with other people or forum members!

• Premium Member

@onsite I normally roll up to the north Georgia mountains and the Suches area.

I'm open to new roads, new places and new sights.  I was going to be up in the mountains tomorrow with a friend, but he cancelled on me today.  I might just go anyhow (edit: maybe Sunday... Lextec rearsets get delivered tomorrow 😃)

I had a blast the last time we got a bunch of forum members up there.  I'm usually solo and playing 'chase the super sports', but I am happy riding at any group pace.  Except 10 to 15 mph under the speed limit behind a double stack line of cruisers that stop at every light whether it's green or not, with passengers waving their arms wildly off to one side or the other every time they turn on their turn signals.

@duhs10 - we really need to get another forum group up there again.

• Thumbsup 1

12 hours ago, superfist said:

@duhs10 - we really need to get another forum group up there again.

I'm with you on that.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Batgirl said:

I am in Griffin.  

Right down the street from me... unfortunately dont usually have a lot of time to ride. 90% of the time I'm on the FJ is for commuting.

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member

How do you folks feel about a mid-late September or early October group meet up?

weekends that I'm not scheduled to be on call for work that I might be able to plan around are:

• Sep14 or 15
  • Sep 28 or 29
  • Oct 12 or 13
  • Oct 19 or 20

I usually get two weekends a month where I get to go play for a day.  Like @duhs10, most of my riding is daily commuting so non-commute rides are a nice treat =)

11 minutes ago, superfist said:

How do you folks feel about a mid-late September or early October group meet up?

weekends that I'm not scheduled to be on call for work that I might be able to plan around are:

• Sep14 or 15
  • Sep 28 or 29
  • Oct 12 or 13
  • Oct 19 or 20

I usually get two weekends a month where I get to go play for a day.  Like @duhs10, most of my riding is daily commuting so non-commute rides are a nice treat 😃

As of right now, Sep 29th or Oct 19 would be the days from that list that I would be able to meet up.  My schedule rotates so dont always have weekends off.

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
On 7/17/2019 at 4:28 PM, superfist said:

• Sep14 or 15
  • Sep 28 or 29
  • Oct 12 or 13
  • Oct 19 or 20

I usually get two weekends a month where I get to go play for a day.  Like @duhs10, most of my riding is daily commuting so non-commute rides are a nice treat 😃

I could maybe do October 12.  I commute a lot, but also make several trips up to the mountains and ride.  Getting ready to go back up for 10 days at the end of August.  

• Premium Member
On 7/17/2019 at 3:59 PM, duhs10 said:

Right down the street from me... unfortunately dont usually have a lot of time to ride. 90% of the time I'm on the FJ is for commuting.

I am actually just over the Fayette County line.

• Thumbsup 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

I’m in Locust Grove. If it wasn’t going to be in the 30’s in the morning this weekend, I’d head to the mountains Saturday or Sunday. 

I’d like to hook up as well. Seems for the first time on a forum, there’s actually some people near me on the southside!

I am in central Kentucky, near Lexington.  However I ride down that way a few times each year to enjoy the fantastic roads in NC and GA.  

If we planned ahead over the winter we could probably have a pretty good turn out for a spring meet somewhere in the mountains. 

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

• 9 months later...

Seeing if this tread is still alive. I live North of Atlanta and ride the North Georgia/Western NC mountains regularly. Looking forward to a trip down Skyine Drive and the BRP in September. The Tracer should be perfect for that (just got mine a month ago!).