SW-MOTECH EVO City QUICK-LOCK Tank Bag - Who Has One?

here's a few. Like the bag, lots of space, not to big on the bike. Plenty of room for the handle bars. I have it mounted as far forward as possible when setting it up. Was easy. Put the latch on the 1 on the tank. Latch it on, then put the bag where you want it. You have to push it down on the latch. It fits tight before drilling the holes. Then unlatch it from the tank and mount it. Only part I didn't like is the red comes off the rubber where you can run your power lines into the rear of the bag by your belly. My grey Rev-It suit is now red on the belly area. 

IMG_6545.JPG

IMG_6546.JPG

IMG_6566.JPG

IMG_6567.JPG

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

• Premium Member

Thanks, I have the smaller Engage which I also have full-forward (carefully use a Bic lighter to seal the fabric around the drilled holes and Acetone to remove the red off the rubber and maybe your jacket; and a pin to lock it on), and am concerned how much the back pouch and floppy top on the City will interfere with my stomach (which is 35#s smaller!). Especially when leaning-in during sport riding.  I like the Engage for every day rides but for touring it's too small.  I have a large enough mag-mount Held and Chase Harper clip-on that won't work on the FJ and like the SW system.  Wish their tank rings weren't sooo pricy!

Did you get it from Twisted T or RevZ?

Do you have the SW skid plate too?

Whose side cases are those? Top case rack looks like Shad.

20181020_124353.jpg

20181020_124305.jpg

20181020_124251.jpg

20181020_114407.jpg

20190607_192418.jpg

Top case is a SHAD 40 and the sides are Hebco Becker 22 liters each. I went after the front of the jacket with the Oxygen cleaner Oxie ? and a soft brush to get it pretty much off. My Tourmaster Mesh Jacket in black has gotten the rest of it off and you don't see it on the black. No skid plate and I got the bag from Revzilla. 

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

I use the City and have WAY too much belly. It hasn't been a problem at all. The bag also makes a great support for your knees when standing.  

• Premium Member
On 6/30/2019 at 10:46 PM, mike said:

I use the City and have WAY too much belly. It hasn't been a problem at all. The bag also makes a great support for your knees when standing.  

Does it help sport riding or just drowning down the slab? LOL

I guess I could get used to it or sell it if I don't like it

I want to get a ring for one of my other bikes but they're like 44 bucks!

1 hour ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Does it help sport riding or just drowning down the slab? LOL

I guess I could get used to it or sell it if I don't like it

I want to get a ring for one of my other bikes but they're like 44 bucks!

I do my best to stay off the superslab. Any ride I take, now that I don't have any deadlines due to retirement, is based on the maximum number of curves between origin and destination. ''

The City has enough slope away from my over-sized gut that shifting my body and leaning into the corners is not an issue. I have even been known to lay on the bag to get down behind the Puig racing screen to dodge a few bugs and birds.

I have used this bag on three bikes and maybe 70,000 miles and it is still in great condition. Highly recommended.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

I hear you regarding the super slab unfortunately where I live it's an hour on the slab to get to anything you could call a twisty in southeast Wisconsin from the bedroom community I live just outside Chicago

When I have the discretionary funds and tore up coming later this fall I'll give it a shot thanks for your input

• 1 year later...
  • Premium Member

Can anyone tell me how high the City and the Engage sit above the tank? Are the dimensions listed on the web accurate?

I've got an old Firstgear Onyx that supposedly measures 14 L x 10 W x 8 H and it feels really, really big. I bought it to do overnighters without saddlebags on my old Ninja that had a wide, flat tank.

It holds a bunch of stuff, but I'd like something just a little narrower and a little shorter for day rides without hard bags.