Review of Amazon Radiator Guard. Fits 900 GT perfect

Found this on Amazon for $57 and it stated it fit FZ09  MT09  2017 2018 2019 XSR900 2016 2017 2018 Tracer 900. So I looked up the part numbers for all of those bikes radiators and they were the same part (2PP-12461-00-00). Also, the 2017 FJ09 is same radiator so it should fit that as well. I thought I’d give it a shot, could always send it back. It fit perfectly!

Came in a decent cardboard box with bubble wrap and padding to protect it. Pretty thick aluminum sheet that is bent and cut to fit around mounts. I'm sure it would take a huge rock to get past it. Hexagonal holes that look like they should flow air just fine. Looks like black powder coating which seems pretty tough. I did put a crescent wrench on it to bend ends in a hair so it fit tighter against radiator mounting points. Didn’t scratch it at all.

In photos, first one is the damage on my radiator from 10,000 miles of riding. Got lucky that the radiator didn’t get punctured from the rock that hit at the top. Put a nice dent in it. All the other white spots in photo are small paint chips from gravel. Roads in NC, TN, and GA have a good amount of small loose gravel on them.

Second photo is of the guard alone with the small brackets from the bike next to it. These mount on the outside of guard and is where the plastic push pin goes that holds side plastics in place. Stock bolts in photo fit fine, length was adequate.

Third photo is on bike without plastics in place yet.

Very easy install I should have done a long time ago. Highly recommend this add-on.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07N37TLK1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Guard 1.jpg

Guard 2.jpg

Guard 3.jpg

• Thumbsup 3
  • Thanks 2

Noice!   Sadly, Amazon does not ship a lot of its stuff to Australia, which is pretty frustrating.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Sorry about not posting the year. The 900 GT has only been in the States for 1 year. 2109. It may look like Evo-Tech, but it's not, I've never seen one though.

• Thumbsup 1

I can confirm that this fits on the '15s too. Just installed mine today. Very pleased with the quality. 

• Thumbsup 1

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

On 7/6/2019 at 10:46 AM, wordsmith said:

Noice!   Sadly, Amazon does not ship a lot of its stuff to Australia, which is pretty frustrating.

I would have to assume it is only a matter of time.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• 2 months later...

It appears to be a blatant copy of the EvoTech rad guard (I have one).

I feel that EvoTech is a solid company that does great work and produces quality stuff for our bikes. 

I will personally continue to support them, but totally understand why people would buy this instead as it’s a great design, mounts securely (unlike the real cheapies that use zip ties) and the price is right.

Looks like a good find.

Rob