Bugs/Windshield

Okay, I'll admit to not being a rocket scientist, so if you think this question is a dumb question, feel free.  How do you remove the bugs off of the lower inside of the windshield?

• Premium Member

I use Plexus. Spray it on the windshield once or twice a week, and wipe it down with a cloth. Makes the screen super slippery, and if a bug does splat on the screen, it doesn't stick much, and is easily wiped off with a cloth. Works on helmet screens as well....

3 hours ago, fddriver2 said:

Did someone say bugs?

20190428_162308.jpg

Ah ha ha ha ha! this is why in Louisiana i stop at truck stops and drink coffee for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Half hour before sunset and 1 hour to an hour and a half after sunset to let the bugs clear. You can drink coffee for 1 1/2 hours or scrub off bugs for the same time, your choice. Mine is coffee!  🤣

Also I use Turtle Wax ICE on my bike and helmet all over. Even my face shield. Bugs come right back off. Water beads off like rain x also. 

Edited by tktplz
  • Thumbsup 1

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

• Premium Member

That was actually earlier in the year. In the spring and fall we get "love bug" season. Only lasts a couple weeks.

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

3 hours ago, DavidS said:

I use Plexus. Spray it on the windshield once or twice a week, and wipe it down with a cloth. Makes the screen super slippery, and if a bug does splat on the screen, it doesn't stick much, and is easily wiped off with a cloth. Works on helmet screens as well....

I forgot about Plexus.  Good stuff.  Thanks!

• Supporting Member
6 hours ago, fddriver2 said:

That was actually earlier in the year. In the spring and fall we get "love bug" season. Only lasts a couple weeks.

I hate those dam things! 

You have to get them off you paint quickly  before they do permanent damage to the paint. I learned the hard way, when I lived in the state of straight roads and ninety degree corners.

• Haha 1

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, roadrash83 said:

when I lived in the state of straight roads and ninety degree corners.

The perfect description of South Florida!  😃

• Thumbsup 1

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA