Adventure Foot Pegs

I bought the footpegs from 

1rc-274m0-00-00-adventure-foot-pegs-mt-s

Adventure-type wider foot pegs make your ride more comfortable...

It was an easy install and my first outing with them after a short test was on an adventure ride.  The return spring in one of them failed within 1 hr and now I can't find a replacement. The Yamaha part number is nowhere to be found. I contacted yamahabits but no reply.  US based vendors have not replied either.

The part number within the kit is 90508-18061or 90508-18117 (not sure which is the left side). I am of course willing to buy one of each and see which one it is. Any ideas where I can find that?

`

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, cbr600 said:

The return spring in one of them failed within 1 hr and now I can't find a replacement.`

How is that even possible?  while riding, the spring is in its "relaxed" position. 

I have the exact same foot pegs, I saw them on the 2019 Tenere at the dealer yesterday, not sure if the older models have the same pegs.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I'm not sure how that happened. I noticed the one peg was up and saw the spring side that rests on the bike was in the hole and not resting on top.  Eventually it went all the way to the other side.

Edited by cbr600

I forgot to say, the ones on the Tenere look the same but are not.  I purchased those first since there's a way to modify them to fit but the mod was a bit of a pain without the right tools.  I decided to buy the ones that fit instead.

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
On 7/7/2019 at 1:48 PM, cbr600 said:

The return spring in one of them failed within 1 hr and now I can't find a replacement.

Ha, wow! I just put mine on, and mine is messed up from factory, if the footpeg so much as gets pushed up a half an inch the spring slides off, the spread on the spring seems to be too thin. The one on the right is fine. I've been looking for a replacement as well. I found out when I was like, "man these look great" *mindlessly flips footpeg up*... like and idiot I did it a second time, and what do you know, same thing happened, the arm slipped off.

Did you end up finding anything?

Edited by OnePuddleUnder

50 minutes ago, madsquabbles said:

Just curious but can we (USA) order from Yamaha canada? 

Hey,

I'm not sure. When I order (ordered my sprockets today) I pay in full in advance. Then I go pick up when I get the call. Not sure if they would ship. Best to do is call your nearest Cdn dealer. Not sure of your location, so I can't help ya find one. If you're too far for a drive over the border, I'm sure I could ship the parts to you.

Cheers!

On 4/20/2020 at 9:52 PM, OnePuddleUnder said:

Ha, wow! I just put mine on, and mine is messed up from factory, if the footpeg so much as gets pushed up a half an inch the spring slides off, the spread on the spring seems to be too thin. The one on the right is fine. I've been looking for a replacement as well. I found out when I was like, "man these look great" *mindlessly flips footpeg up*... like and idiot I did it a second time, and what do you know, same thing happened, the arm slipped off.

Did you end up finding anything?

I was able to use the springs from the Tenere pegs. And I did try revzilla. No one in the US was able to tell me they could get the part. And I called some of them in case they had some restriction they would not want to put in writing. 

Edited by cbr600