I bought the footpegs from 

1rc-274m0-00-00-adventure-foot-pegs-mt-s

Adventure-type wider foot pegs make your ride more comfortable...

It was an easy install and my first outing with them after a short test was on an adventure ride.  The return spring in one of them failed within 1 hr and now I can't find a replacement. The Yamaha part number is nowhere to be found. I contacted yamahabits but no reply.  US based vendors have not replied either.

The part number within the kit is 90508-18061or 90508-18117 (not sure which is the left side). I am of course willing to buy one of each and see which one it is. Any ideas where I can find that?

`

1 hour ago, cbr600 said:

The return spring in one of them failed within 1 hr and now I can't find a replacement.`

How is that even possible?  while riding, the spring is in its "relaxed" position. 

I have the exact same foot pegs, I saw them on the 2019 Tenere at the dealer yesterday, not sure if the older models have the same pegs.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Posted (edited)

I'm not sure how that happened. I noticed the one peg was up and saw the spring side that rests on the bike was in the hole and not resting on top.  Eventually it went all the way to the other side.

Edited by cbr600

I wonder if it was caused by standing on the footpads with MotoCross boots while performing slow tight maneuvers.  It was the first time on this bike doing that. 🤔

I forgot to say, the ones on the Tenere look the same but are not.  I purchased those first since there's a way to modify them to fit but the mod was a bit of a pain without the right tools.  I decided to buy the ones that fit instead.

• Thanks 1