Exhaust with Higdonion Urban Cage/Skid Plate

marylandrider

I have a 2016 FJ-09 and installed the urban cage with skid plate from Higdonion last Feb/March (2018). I am looking for an exhaust system that will work with the urban cage and skid plate. Ive seen the minor modifications for the center stand but havent seen any for my specific cage. 

I already reached out to Higdonion and got the response the Akropovic system definitely will not fit with the cage. The Arrow, SC Project, or Graves exhaust systems might work but couldn't confirm if they did.

Can anyone confirm if the Arrow, SC Project, or Graves exhaust systems work with the Urban Cage with Skid Plate? Hopefully the Graves works because that is the one I prefer of the three mentioned that might work. 

Best picture I have of the cage at the moment is attached if it helps at all. 

29749546_10155212073231993_1269786928897709497_o.jpg

• Supporting Member

@marylandrider - I think the biggest issue you are going to find is the angle of the header coming out of the head before tucking under the engine.  Some hug the engine tightly while others are angled at a more forward angle, - right angle to the ground. 

I have not seen a Higdonian cage up close but if it doesn't extend back to the large, bulbous catalyst section of the exhaust, you could possibly consider a slip-on.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I have one picture but could be deceiving due to the angle. It looks like the skid plate ends just as the the catalyst section begins. 

I know a slip on would improve sound but Im being a little bit more stubborn and trying to do the full exhaust.