HELP WANTED WITH WIRING/ MOUNTING FRONT DRL LEDs

I'd appreciate any advice on how to access the aux power plugs, which I gather are under the screen raising/ lowering plates behind the screen itself.   The set-up on the 2019 GT is quite different, visually at least, to earlier Gen1 models.   I've got as far as removing the screen but am wary of proceeding further lest it bite me!   See pic...

Also - on the same topic - I am finding it difficult to locate points on or from which I can mount my DRLs - either on a light-bar (preferably one I can make myself) or otherwise.   There aren't many obvious mounting points up front, and for once I'm stumped!   Pic of my LEDs here also.   Can be mounted with bracket under the LED (preferred) or above.

All advice gratefully received!

P1050562.JPG

P1050563.JPG

Edited by wordsmith

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

To remove the adjusting plate, take out the two allen head fasteners at the bottom and then drop the unit to the lower position to access the third one behind the hole in the middle. If you raise and lower the plate you will see the three screws. Behind that is one more plate with four screws which has to be removed to access the wiring.

I bought a light mount designed for an FJ09 and had to modify (lengthen) it as the front Tupperware is lower than the earlier bikes. The unit I bought mounts to the long slot on each side just in front of the forks looking down behind the light assembly. There are mounts available that mount to the upper part of the forks and others that use the reflector brackets as a location.

Thanks very much indeed, mike - most helpful!   Those allen-head are well hidden, innit!   I see the slots you refer to as well.

I'll wait until I've got the lights mounted before I access the wiring, though I'm confident now.   No reflectors and therefore no reflector brackets on GTs here, front or rear.   I have seen the fork-mounted brackets you note, but prefer to stay away from those as I like the LEDs up as high as possible and as far apart as possible, all within reason.   Again - your help appreciated!

Edited by wordsmith

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Out walking my doggie this balmy early evening I had a Eureka moment, and the mounting solution presented itself!

I have only got one side bracket installed so far, a bugger of a job, one of those where you have to stand on your head while looking upwards and simultaneously holding a socket and turning a screw!   But goddit at last.   I'm a glutton for punishment, so I'll remove this first bracket and shorten it a little, to bring the LED closer to the bodywork, which looks neater and also stiffens it somewhat.   Then when both LEDs are fitted I'll grapple with the wiring!   Some not-very-good pix follow.

When the installation is completed I'll post more words and pix on my Farkling Thread...

P1050564.JPG

P1050565.JPG

P1050566.JPG

P1050560.JPG

Edited by wordsmith

3 hours ago, WindsorPhil said:

I mounted mine to the reflector bracket down by the front brake calipers. Works perfect as they are strong brackets.

Thanks, Phil.   Having said earlier that there are no front reflectors on the GT here I now find that there are - out of sight (almost) exactly where you state!   None so blind as those who cannot see!   Thank you...

32 minutes ago, thejrod said:

IMG_8961.thumb.jpg.f2ddd680c38c24ab61909c011b821802.jpg

Mounted mine to the chin fairing plastic. I utilized existing holes. They're going anywhere.

Thanks, jrod: that's a good-looking GT you have there, painted panniers 'n' all!   I located the holes you refer to early on, but although they are easy to access I'd ideally prefer to mount the LEDs higher up and further apart.   But they remain in contention...

Job done - thanks for assistance, guys!   Read all about it on my Thread "Farkling..."   I eventually went with thejrod's approach, tho' have to say I'd prefer the LEDs to be positioned differently - but that can await another day!