Greetings from Denmark

DRL65

Test drove a Tracer 900 GT yesterday and will pick it up on Monday.  I am used to cruiser style bikes (traded in my Stryker), so this is a whole new riding experience.  I just got back from a 5000 km trip to Nordkap on the Stryker and decided I needed a bike more suited to long touring.  Looking forward to many nice trips!

Cheers from an old geezer in Denmark.

• Thumbsup 2

Congratulations on the purchase of your Tracer GT.  I am also an old geezer and wanted something comfortable and light for touring.  The Tracer GT was the perfect fit for me.  

How far from where you are in Denmark to Norway?  I would love to tour the fjords on two wheels!  Also I had a friend in college from Denmark whose name was Hans Bager.  Super nice guy and a good soccer player.  

• Thumbsup 1

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

1 hour ago, johnmark101 said:

Congratulations on the purchase of your Tracer GT.  I am also an old geezer and wanted something comfortable and light for touring.  The Tracer GT was the perfect fit for me.  

How far from where you are in Denmark to Norway?  I would love to tour the fjords on two wheels!  Also I had a friend in college from Denmark whose name was Hans Bager.  Super nice guy and a good soccer player.  

It's probably 800 to 1000 km before you get to good fjord country on the west coast of Norway.  It is around 600 to Oslo from here, then you need to go up over the mountains to the west side, or along the south coast.  Both take about as long.  The mountain route to Bergen has a nice 25 km tunnel that is interesting.