Greeting from CA, Bay Area

allenc408

Hello,

Finally caved and got a new ride last week Friday, and already got my first 600mi service done today :D

I have to say, I'm very impressed with what Yamaha has designed.  The engine is a joy, throttle control is decent, still getting use to it, but its manageable and the suspension is very nice for long commute down 101 in CA.  (probably need to tweak the setting a bit, haven't had the time to dial it in yet).

I was some what skeptical of the front windscreen but with it works and doesn't create any turbulence to the head/helmet/

On the day I bought it I rode it up skyline blvd (CA Route 35) to SF from Saratoga, stop by Alice Cafe to take a quick snap shot 8-)
ede5c03fa8f04b8

Cheers,
Allen C.

I will  be through that area in July on my way to Laguna Seca for the World Superbike races.  Will come down Hwy 1 from Leggett. :)
Congrats on the new bike.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• Premium Member
Welcome. I will be going up to the bay area in 3 weeks to pick up a new to me car. Fun roads up there.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Yeah, were spoiled in CA with great weather and roads.  I took hwy 1 back home to break the 600mi mark for the first service from SF to Santa Cruz.  I ride around 18K miles a year :) the lack of rain has been boosting this total lately.

• Premium Member
I will  be through that area in July on my way to Laguna Seca for the World Superbike races.  Will come down Hwy 1 from Leggett. :) Congrats on the new bike.

10 points if you can find my brick at the top of the hill at the corkscrew (brick spectator terrace). Says, GPJag, VFR4Lee, and ULEWZ. Bought it years ago with two other guys. linky

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Archived