New Tracer 900 GT owner from Perth Western Australia

Have had my new Tracer 900 GT for just under a month now and loving it. Added a taller Yamaha screen, frame sliders, radiator guard and currently waiting for a top box. Done around 700kms just riding around town, will wait till after the 1,000km service before I take it for longer runs. The taller stance of the bike took a little bit of getting used to but once that was over with I absolutely love that triple engine, so flexible and torque right through the rev range, all the time omitting a very pleasant burble note from the exhaust. Other bits I love include the cruise control, quick-shifter (although I don't use it much), heated grips (rarely used but nice to have), TFT Screen, the comparative lightness and ease of maintenance, all the bits that need to be accessed such as the coolant and oil levels as well as the oil filter and drain plug are within easy reach. I ride frequently depending on the weather and clock up around 15k kms in a year so really looking forward to enjoying the GT.

Immediately before this I had an FJR1300 for just over 12 months, great bike but was a bit on the big side for me so decided to trade it in for the GT. Bought both the Yamahas for 5 Star Yamaha in Hamilton Hill, Perth Western Australia. I don't mind giving this dealership a mention as they have been great all along, will not hesitate to go back there for my next machine. 

The FJR was preceded by a Suzuki Bandit with a Suzuki Boulevard before that. I have also had an RD400 Yamaha, BMW R65 and a Honda CB360 quite a while ago.

Suu KYI IV Reduced.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

Welcome aboard from this Queenslander.   You are not the only Aussie delighted with the GT.   Ride Safe! 

Impertinent PS: isn't Suu Kyi the somewhat discredited President of Myanmar?

Edited by wordsmith

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Yes, Suu Kyi is the current Leader in Myanmar, "discredited" depends on your point of view. I admire the "person" and her Tenacity, hence the name, which is also on my registration plate.