Hello all, and specific suspension settings

jonmue

This is my 1st post, so hello to all.  I've had my FJ-09 for several months and come from a 1st gen FZ1.  I've been riding for about 45 or so years.  I know there are lots of suspension posts, but I'm wondering if someone can clearly state front fork/rear shock settings for a 200 lb rider who rides a lot of (sketchy) Maine backroads.  Any advice is really appreciated, even just as a starting point.  Bouncing around a lot right now (ah, yes... the "seat").  Also, please, I'm only going to have the stock forks, springs, shock (2016) available for now... nothing aftermarket for a while.  Thanks!

Welcome again to the forum....

Have you tried doing a keyword search for suspension settings or stock suspension? There have been many discussions regarding suspension settings.  Step 1 would be to try to get rider sag set as close as possible to the 30% os suspension travel mark. I believe that should be around 40-45mm of sag.  This will likely take a significant amount of the preload adjustment on the stock springs (I would guess 2-3 lines showing).  Same for rear, i think it's around 30-35mm sag but I cant remember the total suspension travel in the rear so take that with a grain of salt.  As far as rebound I would set it to about 6-8 clicks out from all the way in and make small adjustments until it feels right.

I know you asked for specific settings on stock suspension and perhaps someone else will provide them... but I've had aftermarket suspension for some time now and am going off of memory regarding stock settings. Also suspension is somewhat subjective as well in terms if how you want the bike to feel.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• 4 months later...