Purple is the Old Black.

krillz

Has anyone used a UV blocking  spray on your gear? I’ve had dozens of Jackets and Pants over the years but man my Revit jacket has taken a beating this year. I like the Jacket. Besides the tiny pocket entry. (Pants to). Only 15,000 miles on it and faded more then other Jackets I’ve had way longer. Thanks 

• Premium Member

It's called patina and it shows that you and your gear have experience. 😁

I don't have a useful answer for you. It interesting though to see how colors change with age. My old grey Aerostich transformed into sort of an army green. Red Aerostich suits are famous for turning pink after many years. My current suit is black with red ballistics; it's only three years old so it hasn't faded yet, but I expect it will start to change soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member
On 7/20/2019 at 6:23 PM, krillz said:

Has anyone used a UV blocking  spray on your gear?

I have never heard of a UV spray.  Does such a product exist?

All of my black riding gear, canvas tank bags included, eventually fade to a purple color.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

10 minutes ago, betoney said:

I have never heard of a UV spray.  Does such a product exist?

All of my black riding gear, canvas tank bags included, eventually fade to a purple color.

In my experience, the fabric rear luggage bags from Ventura fade quickly - at least in our quite fierce sub-tropic sun - to a very unattractive mid-brown colour, but in defence their stuff is otherwise excellent in all other respects.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member

303 Aerospace Protectant is the premier UV protecting spray-on. They have several products that are intended for different materials. The 303 Outdoor Fabric guard may be the most appropriate for jackets. I have been using the 303 Outdoor Protectant on vinyl boat seats. You can buy it at lots of places.

th.jpg

• Thanks 1

2015 red FJ-09: Cal Sci screen, Sargent seat, ECU flash, slider combo, cruise, Rizoma bars, Matts forks, JRi shock, slipper clutch