twisted throttle

wanderer

OK, this sounds nuts but is anyone able to use the Twisted Throttle website to buy anything?

I've been trying for the last 30 hours. I can't load the cart or the checkout pages, I just get a completely white blank page.

That's on a Windows machine with Firefox. I've restarted Firefox, rebooted, tried Windows Explorer, and disabled aspects of the firewall. All the same.

Then I tried on my Android phone, Chrome browser, connected to Verizon Wireless (bypassing our home Time Warner ISP) and got the same result. A completely blank white page. No ability to check on the cart or checkout.

So, I finally decided on the MRA Sport Screen for the bike. But Twisted Throttle appears to be the only distributor for the US. I've never used TT before.

I was able to get to the site and put the screen in a cart. I'm not actively shopping at the moment. But I could view the cart. The issues may be on your end?

I hope you get it sorted!

Failure on both desktop (Windows/Firefox/Time Warner) and smartphone (Android/Chrome/Verizon) leave me pretty sure it can't be my end. All I can think now is that it is my account (started Sunday) at TT which is corrupted.

• Supporting Member

Just tried it on Windows 10/Firefox and iphone/Safari, was able to add to cart and proceed to checkout.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I've exchanged emails and a phone call with them. They said they've been having problems with the website since Friday. I made the order on the phone.

Funny that you guys can get through. I've added my work laptop to the mix of devices that don't work for me. Somehow my account must be screwed up. I set up the account Sunday, during their claimed web site problems, so maybe it was corrupted.

Edited by wanderer

FYI if this helps your troubleshooting: I did not use an account wanderer. And had not been to the site previously. That would eliminate a cached site.

I haven't used their website but I've been to the store which is really cool. Send me the cash and I'll go shop for you.

• Premium Member

For troubleshooting in the future, you can load an "in-private" session of internet explorer or firefox and go to the site without logging in or using an account and check functionality.  This would either point to or eliminate an issue on your end and is an easy way to check if it's an account profile issue on the website end (which is what it sounds like due to the issue following multiple devices and access methods).

• Thumbsup 1

• 1 month later...