Side Stand "Big Foot"

flyfifer

On 9/13/2019 at 12:50 AM, dazzler24 said:

I have the same Chinese one as others have mentioned above and can say that I've used the pegs to mount/dismount for the same reasons you've mentioned and have had no issues.  I've also had the lowering dog bones installed and so the bike is a little more upright on the stand compared to a bike that hasn't been lowered.  Having said that, the 'foot' can only do so much.

The short answer to your question in my experience though is yes, it is more stable.  YMMV of course. 🙂

Thank you! I’ll check into a lowering dog bone, that’s new to me. I will probably add a plate for fun. 

On 9/15/2019 at 12:50 AM, dazzler24 said:

Sorry I should not have been so assuming that everyone would know what the 'dog bones' are.  I installed the Yamaha lowering kit links - AKA dog bones (see image for why they're called that 🙂) to - you guesses it - lower the bike.   They're not really directly associated with the sidestand as they go in the rear suspension/swingarm area.

The only reason I mentioned them was because the bike tends to be just a little more vertical with the sidestand deployed as the bike, after installation, is a little bit closer to the ground afterward.

Hope that makes sense.

Bottom line is - get the foot!  You won't be any worse off. 🙂

image.png.582af2ea6ffb27fc2cbd1a64deeb467d.png

I hear you, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I have this one from eBay.  Works well.  Of course, as other have said, locktite the screws.

In addition to giving better support in softer ground, it also decreases the lean of the bike a bit, which is good when you have it loaded up for a trip.

• 3 months later...
On 9/15/2019 at 4:50 PM, dazzler24 said:

Sorry I should not have been so assuming that everyone would know what the 'dog bones' are.  I installed the Yamaha lowering kit links - AKA dog bones (see image for why they're called that 🙂) to - you guessed it - lower the bike.   They're not really directly associated with the sidestand as they go in the rear suspension/swingarm area.

The only reason I mentioned them was because the bike tends to be just a little more vertical with the sidestand deployed as the bike, after installation, is a little bit closer to the ground afterward.

Hope that makes sense.

Bottom line is - get the foot!  You won't be any worse off. 🙂

image.png.582af2ea6ffb27fc2cbd1a64deeb467d.png

Dazz (only just found this post and pix) - what effect does the lowering kit/ dog-bones have on seat height please?   And would my dog fancy them??

• Haha 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, wordsmith said:

Dazz (only just found this post and pix) - what effect does the lowering kit/ dog-bones have on seat height please?   And would my dog fancy them??

@wordsmith - Think it was only 15mm, if you were using the OEM kit, but up to 25mm (I think?) if using third party links from  Lust Racing e.g.  I used the OEM links and raised the front forks through the triple clamps by the same amount - so lowered the front.  It definitely made a difference though (for me at least).

Don't feed them to Honey, or it's another expensive trip to that vet!

And this may be the result: -

Toothless-Dog.jpg.eba73752071b1d69574c146a0c79907f.jpg