Greetings from Norway!

hneve

Got myself a '15 MT09 Tracer about a month ago, and found this forum while searching for a better seat. Worked fine for short trips but after a few hours it messed up my sitting tool. 

Just got back from a little 3 day round-trip:

Google map

Any advice in regards to a better seat fitting a 1.87m 120Kg dude would be appreciated :)

Please drop in if you're in the neighborhood ;) 

• Thumbsup 2

Welcome to the forum.

I have a Sargent seat on my '15 FJ/Tracer. I'm not sure if they are available in Europe but there are others that are.  If you do a search on the forum I'm sure you will find some options.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

5 hours ago, duhs10 said:

Welcome to the forum.

I have a Sargent seat on my '15 FJ/Tracer. I'm not sure if they are available in Europe but there are others that are.  If you do a search on the forum I'm sure you will find some options.

I could order it from the UK but with shipping and customs here it will be too expensive.

I have seen a DIY solution on youtube that i'd like to try out as it doesn't modify or destroy any of the original parts.

• Supporting Member
7 hours ago, hneve said:

Any advice in regards to a better seat fitting a 1.87m 120Kg dude would be appreciated :)

@wordsmith - has had great things to say about Bagster Seats from France.  He has used them on a few different early model Tracers.  He might reply here or you could try a PM directly.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Since I have been mentioned in this Thread I'll take the liberty of giving some input.   

Yes - I have had no less than three (3) BAGSTER seats on my 2015 - 2016 Tracers, following initially a recommendation from the very late Wessie here.   I'm 1.77m/ 185kg with all riding gear on.   I found the seat height slightly taller (by less than an inch) than stock, so with your 1.87m you might appreciate that.   

In a word, they are superb (YMMV of course) although not particularly cheap - my last one was purchased from MOTOSTORM, Italy - <info@motostorm.it>   It cost me about AUD$445, landed.   Closer to your home - in the Netherlands - is another stockist - <info@chromeburner.com>.   Non-EU residents like myself can buy them from Europe with the VAT sales tax removed, which makes them at least affordable, as the VAT removal compensates for shipping cost, and is quite a bit cheaper by about $100 than buying through the local distributor.    Is Sweden in the EU?   

BAGSTER seats are beautifully crafted, and can be had in a variety of materials and options including colour of stitching and type of foam interior.   They are plastic-wrapped to prevent rain penetrating the seams.   BAGSTER seats are also built onto their own new seat-pans/ bases, so you don't have to surrender your existing seat and maybe miss some riding time while that's happening.

Sadly, other than in appearance I now find that the stock seat on my new GT is not much better than the earlier Gen1 tracer seats, so I may have to go to BAGSTER again for a replacement, when they are in production in about ten weeks time (seat-pans are different).

I also tried DIY options such as gel inserts, replacement so-called 'comfort' kits from SEAT CONCEPTS, and the like - none worked for me.    The last pic here is of the SC product - it looked a little more attractive than the stock item, but was little better in terms of comfort.   Again - YMMV.   

Take a look at the BAGSTER website for full information.

I own no shares in BAGSTER, unfortunately!   Sob.

P1050068.JPG

P1050071.JPG

P1050072.JPG

P1050073.JPG

P1050074.JPG

P1050075.JPG

P1020010r.jpg

Edited by wordsmith

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.