Oh Crap!

Will everyone who has bent the ignition key by bumping into it while it is in the seat lock please raise their hand.

1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• Supporting Member
34 minutes ago, nhchris said:

Will everyone who has bent the ignition key by bumping into it while it is in the seat lock please raise their hand.

Whenever I remove the seat, the key goes right back in the ignition for exactly that reason.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Done it more times than I care to admit.   Key is made of cheese.   Fortunately in the GT the key is now well-placed to avoid that - see pic with BMW tag..   Good enough reason to swap?

P1050511.JPG

Edited by wordsmith
  • Thumbsup 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member
29 minutes ago, wordsmith said:

Done it more times than I care to admit.   Key is made of cheese.   Fortunately in the GT the key is now well-placed to avoid that - see pic with BMW tag..   Good enough reason to swap?

P1050511.JPG

Interesting.   Yet another refinement detail that Yamaha improved with the new model Tracers...  

The more you look, the more subtle differences you find.  

• Thumbsup 1

34 minutes ago, bugie said:

I have even managed to bend the key in my pocket

As the celebrated but risque American film-star Mae West said "is that a bent key in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?"

• Haha 3

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• 2 weeks later...