turn signals - Proton 500 Flushmounts

I installed the Proton 500 Flushmounts. The website lists them as a fit for the FJ-09, the Tracer 900 (GT) is not listed.

Indeed they are flush, small and *bright*. I do have the concern that because of new signal position on the T900, below the "fold" of the side panel (compared to the FJ-09 which placed them above the fold, as was discussed some here), these are now nearly invisible from dead on in front of the bike. They hide behind the front of the side panel.

The GIFs are not to time scale (they flash faster). Also, the off state is misleading because the running lights are dimmer by having a fast strobe, not visible to the eye but the camera catches the true off state.

Not sure what to do with this. Aesthetically OK, and I can now sneak the bike around the back end of the car into the garage without scratching the car with the bulbous signal. But it is not 100% satisfactory from a safety perspective.

I'd rather have the signal in the old FJ-09 location. Does an FJ-09 side panel fit on a T900?

20190728_161709_006.gif

20190728_161728_001.gif

Edited by wanderer
some edits for clarification

Safety is all.   If not visible = not safe.   Replace the OE pumpkins and buy a smaller car.😏

• Thumbsup 2

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member
49 minutes ago, wordsmith said:

Safety is all.   If not visible = not safe.

I agree, I don't like that they are completely invisible.

@wanderer - FWIW, Hightechspeed also sells the X-Arc Signals which I use front and rear on my FJ, they are small but VERY bright.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I personally dont think the front turn signals add or decrease much in terms of safety. 

You could always add some to the hand guards or put some strip LEDs somewhere.

• Thumbsup 1

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Supporting Member
21 hours ago, betoney said:

I agree, I don't like that they are completely invisible.

@wanderer - FWIW, Hightechspeed also sells the X-Arc Signals which I use front and rear on my FJ, they are small but VERY bright.

I have the X-Arc front and back and they are the best aftermarket signals, I ever put on one of my bikes. Not that expensive for the quality and brightness.

Edited by roadrash83
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

He who dies with the most toys wins.

These LEDs have the hyper flashing problem.

While I understand how a resistor would fix that problem, and it seems the simplest to install, it is also undesirable IMO. I'd rather not have the energy go straight to heat in a resistor if I don't have to. For example it'll just chew through the battery faster if the hazards are on while the engine is off.

How does one install a relay to fix this problem? any good instructions, and any preferred relays?

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

How does one install a relay to fix this problem? any good instructions, and any preferred relays?

Flasher relay is under the seat. Swapping is plug and play. customled and tst are popular vendors.

6 hours ago, wanderer said:

These LEDs have the hyper flashing problem.

While I understand how a resistor would fix that problem, and it seems the simplest to install, it is also undesirable IMO. I'd rather not have the energy go straight to heat in a resistor if I don't have to. For example it'll just chew through the battery faster if the hazards are on while the engine is off.

7 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Is a pair required? One for the left, one for the right?

Just one... this is the one I have.. literally plug and play. 2 minute job. You can adjust the flash rate manually as well. I assume it works on a Tracer GT as well... you will have to confirm.

Fix your bike's hyperflash or no flash...

• Thumbsup 1

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA